Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 - Litchi waypoints - unstable flight above 45km/h

Reaction score
Website
goldenskybirds.com
Hi guys,

I have stability problem with Inspire 1v2 and Litch waypoints. I have used Litchi many times without any problems but somehow never had a mission set with more than 35km/h cruise speed and everything was working fine till yesterday when I needed a faster mission with 45km/h.
When I start the mission the drone started behaving/flying really strange and scary to my experience. While trying to follow the mission path it was looking like it can't reach the given speed because of repeatedly "braking" in between. It was looking like the inspire will flip over itself at any moment and definitely was flying like a drunk :eek: I have canceled the mission about a few seconds after this happened then retried with a new mission but it was the same.

Then tried the same mission with less cruise speed and it worked fine, no wobbling on the course, but if I push the right stick forward to make the craft move faster the same drunk behavior happens again and definitely it's speed related.

If I try manual flight in PGPS I can reach almost 70km/h without any wobbling of that kind and the inspire is flying really stable.

The wind was about 1-2 m/s, Inspire 1v2, X5R, T-Motor 14x4.8 Props.

Did someone faced such a problem with his Inspire and Litchi in waypoints mode? Can this be caused by some gain settings or breaking settings? In a manual flight I don't see any need to change the settings from their default, the inspire is behaving rock solid with the CF props in calm and in very windy weather.
Can this be Litchi itself?

I definitely had to try the same with DJIGO waypoints, unfortunately didn't had the time and batteries on the particular location to do such a test and now the weather outside isn't nice. But before I do the test any thoughts on the matter will be appreciated. Thanks!

Yesterday I have tested way points with DJIGO and the result was similar. Above 24km/h the inspire start wobbling. (In DJIGO the max speed was 36km/h while in Litchi was around 56km/h) In Litchi the problem is much stronger I guess because of the higher speed I'm setting there.

Will have to look for some gain adjustments. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I have tried with all gains set from default 100 to 80 (the lowest possible setting was 70) and didn't get improvement. Then I tweaked the settings inside "stick filtering", there I dialed 80 for attitude and brake. Overall the copter wasn't hoovering stable compared to default settings also in mission it was looking like there is no change or even it was a little worse in the flight behaviour.
I ended setting all gains back to 100 as well the Attitude, but the Brake I left to 80. This way it's kinda better when flying a mission at max available speed (36kmh) using djigo.
Will be great if someone say something on that matter. Or no one is flying missions at max speed?

I am new to Lichi an have the same behavior in waypoint mode yesterday. Full forward and ful brake, again and again. I need to fly near full speed (35kmh). Have some of you found a solution on this behavior?

I am new to Lichi an have the same behavior in waypoint mode yesterday. Full forward and ful brake, again and again. I need to fly near full speed (35kmh). Have some of you found a solution on this behavior?
Unfortunately I didn't found a complete solution. I don't know is it craft related but as I can see no other than we both are complaining about this issue.
For now I keep the braking at 80% and this is helping a bit, with DJIGO I can do 30-35kmh but still not smooth enough like it should be.

I took a closer look today. The problem start when the drone heading home, with low afternoon sun direct in the nose. Perhaps it is the crash avoid system that kick in? Do you fly under similar conditions? Take a look at ca 1:48 and 2:16 -> end. Before sun in the nose the mission act normal.

Last edited:
I took a closer look today. The problem start when the drone heading home, with low afternoon sun direct in the nose. Perhaps it is the crash avoid system that kick in? Do you fly under similar conditions? Take a look at ca 1:48 and 2:16 -> end. Before sun in the nose the mission act normal.
From the footage the problem looks similar but in my case the drone never goes to a full stop. I have suffered the problem at cloudy and sunny weather also at different locations and it's always there, in my case I'm using inspire 1 and there are no collision avoidance sensors so probably that's not the case. Also it doesn't matter is it the first or the fifth battery, still thinking on what it could be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamwalker4963