Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Pilot reports drone fly-by on Minneapolis airport approach - KMSP-TV

Hope not haha. and wish I can get my Inspire out that far lol

Sent from my S Edge

yuup with mod antennas. people trying to trigger FAA attention or what?

Sent from my S Edge

yuup with mod antennas. people trying to trigger FAA attention or what?

Sent from my S Edge
Ya man ...
I can't wrap my head around flying around airports and aircraft. .
I would think that by now most people know not to fly near airports and aircraft. ..
makes me think there's more to it than meets the eye. .

Last edited:
"There'S more to it that meets the eye" Lets Roll Out - Optimus Prime LoL. Love those line.
I think those ppl fly their drone near airport is custom build drone, for sure not from DJI

Sent from my S Edge

Reactions: turbodronepilot
No proof, (as usual).

"I just saw a drone land on my right wing, then take off", (but I have no proof).

How come none of these pilots have any video evidence of any of their sightings!!!
(at least there were vids of UFO's)

Reactions: Gary E and Eric
Pilot to copilot: WTF, did you see that?
Copilot: Yeah, I saw it too, what the hell could it be? Was that a UFO?
Pilot: shht! You wanna file a UFO report?
Copilot: Hell no!
Pilot: Definitely a drone then.
Copilot: Yeah, definitely.

The Germans (after inventing time travel) already had DJI drones in WW2 since B17 and accompanying fighter regularly reprted being followed by (sometimes multiple) small round objects with flashing coloured lights.

The number of UFO reports is getting suspiciously low the last 2 years.
No airline pilot wants to report a UFO, ever.
Lucky for them there are drones.now.

Confirming to see a drone of 2-3 feet diameter at only 50feet distance, while moving with a velocity difference of at least 120 knots (if in the same direction), come on.
If I pass any 2-3feet diameter object at 50 feet while driving 120 knots (did something like that on the german autobahn last week), I really don't know what I saw once I passed it.

Reactions: Gary E
Prior or later the CIA will crash a drone into a plane to get legislation against private drones. Before they will fly 100x near planes to get the media and people crazy about it. Or just pay pilots to report it without even flying.

This government will never allow you anything they cannot 100% control. In 15 years you will be already a rebel owning a drone which can fly further then 200ft.

tons of claims of drones near aircraft but zero photo proof of such activity. I hope a jet actually hits a phantom captured on video soon cause you know what would happen? the phantom will disintegrate and nothing will happen to the jet. perhaps then all the fear mongering anti drone whiners will pipe down when its proven that a collision wont cause the jet to instantly implode killing everyone within a 400 mile radius.

Pilot to copilot: WTF, did you see that?
Copilot: Yeah, I saw it too, what the hell could it be? Was that a UFO?
Pilot: shht! You wanna file a UFO report?
Copilot: Hell no!
Pilot: Definitely a drone then.
Copilot: Yeah, definitely.

The Germans (after inventing time travel) already had DJI drones in WW2 since B17 and accompanying fighter regularly reprted being followed by (sometimes multiple) small round objects with flashing coloured lights.

The number of UFO reports is getting suspiciously low the last 2 years.
No airline pilot wants to report a UFO, ever.
Lucky for them there are drones.now.

Confirming to see a drone of 2-3 feet diameter at only 50feet distance, while moving with a velocity difference of at least 120 knots (if in the same direction), come on.
If I pass any 2-3feet diameter object at 50 feet while driving 120 knots (did something like that on the german autobahn last week), I really don't know what I saw once I passed it.

IE: German Coast Guard -

Hey just a thought but......... can we get Myth Busters to do a drone into a jet engine test? With several popular drones. As well as a canopy impact test? They are drone fans.
That would be sweet and id love to see it, but unlikely to happen as jet engines cost 10million plus. Doubt them clowns could afford to potentially wreck something that expensive. Id bet it survives but even so what would you do with it afterwards? sell it on craigslist? lol! maybe have better luck to get one of the manufacturers to chuck one through when they do their frozen bird carcass test, but id guess that only happens when they build a new version of an engine.

Reactions: Black Sky
Those guys seem to get all sorts of crazy stuff so who knows..... They could get a older working one to try.
If the hill billys can get them to put on a tractor then they are around,Yes?
lol, true, but the ones the hillbillys use are much smaller, still be a worthy test though, theres really nothing large or solid on a phantom or inspire, if the jet engine can handle a frozen bird then a thin plastic drone shouldnt even scratch the blades on the turbine, it would be like putting a grape in a blender. I love to see it happen.

Reactions: Black Sky

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips