Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Pilot to Cameraman Comunication

Reaction score
I'm a new Inspire 1 dual controller owner. How can I communicate with my cameraman via our smart phones while operating out of shouting distance?

I'm a new Inspire 1 dual controller owner. How can I communicate with my cameraman via our smart phones while operating out of shouting distance?
You are limited by the range of the 5.8GHz command link between the master (pilot) and slave (camera) RCs. This will be somewhere between 20 and 40m. Ideally, you should be close together in normal verbal range without the need to shout. You would need ear pieces and microphones if you are planning to use mobile phones; both pilot and operator will have their hands full. While the phone signal may not affect the 2.4Hz and 5.8Hz bands, it is worth considering switching off the Bluetooth and wifi features. Small radio handsets should be avoided as they use the 2.4GHz band.

Reactions: Kilrah and Aviator

We've used smart phones is the past without a problem, using SKYPE or a VOIP and keep an open line. wifi is always on when we fly as is data roaming.

Reactions: Scotflieger

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool