Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Preventing Video and Photos from Servers

Reaction score
We don't want our video or photos taken during flights to route to/through DJI's servers.

Is there a way to prevent video and photos from being routed to DJI's servers?

Would putting the iPad/iPhone into "Airplane" mode do the trick?

Thanks!

As far as we know all that goes to DJI are the "Moments" i.e. up to 4 randomly selected screenshots per flight. Airplane mode will of course prevent sync until you disable it and sync manually.

Thanks for your answer...but, I don't even want random screenshots going to their servers.

Still would like to know how that is totally prevented.

sorry for the dumb question. is dji recording our movements with the bird???
what do they gather information about and can i access this info?

sorry for the dumb question. is dji recording our movements with the bird???
what do they gather information about and can i access this info?

All I know is that if video and photos appear on their website, then all flight/metadata/GPS info is also recorded on their servers.

As a result, they can create a huge database of all DJI product flights and I imagine would also be able to query "areas of interest" based on GPS coordinates gained via Google Earth to show them if any videos and/or photos were recorded of that area.

God only knows how or why they would use that data...but, I'm not comfortable with it.

i see, so when not uploading anything onto their site there is no information flow...
honestly, i am more concerned about the NSA... lol

and if you have a google account you are doomed anyway... not to speak of putting your phone in the frigde when having a conversation or meeting... in any case if you use ANYTHING electronic they have your butt... why bother with a comunist regime country having a multirotor multibillion dollar company in the uprising taking over the world order (smyling at this point) gathering where you fly your toy around for a battery time of 18min at min in case you got yourself a 5700mhA one...
i won't give a sh*t and would advise everybody to do so because if "they" want you, they get you... ALWAYS... only exeption is if your name is edward snowden and flee to russia after pissing off the no 1 world powers secret service and reveile (spelling...?) a lot of things the whole world was not aware of... thinking it might be possible but not aware it acuamly is taking place...
sorry for the long thread. got carried away a bit :D
the answer or alternative for you would be the mikrokopter version... german craftsmanship as far as i know the actual inventors if multirotors being copied by everybody... they have no limits in altetude, also have auto landing and take off, coming home of course and gps hold (dynamic) and the RTH defined as coming home function...
practically explained i would say DJI is kind of apple -iPhone being restricted and borderd telling you what you can and can not do- switch on use it and shut up...
mikrolopter is linux kind- buy it, build it,configure it, LEARN HOW TO FLY IT!!!!!! practice and understand it then go and buy a licence to legally make money with it commercially... from the part where i say learn how to fly it i would say that also applies to our or any other bird anyway...
but they dont have restrictions... wanna go 1000m up??? make sure you have enough battery or a parashoute... but no problem at all... waypoint flying? - no problem -already able to do so for about 2 years... or more... poi?no problem... intercrated in zhe first gen from them... motors and props? choose what suits your needs best... cost? way more than our lady... oh, camera and gimbal? shure thing but vave to get that seperatly but also here, all the way you need and want it...
your choice :)
cheers

All I know is that if video and photos appear on their website, then all flight/metadata/GPS info is also recorded on their servers.

As a result, they can create a huge database of all DJI product flights and I imagine would also be able to query "areas of interest" based on GPS coordinates gained via Google Earth to show them if any videos and/or photos were recorded of that area.

God only knows how or why they would use that data...but, I'm not comfortable with it.

Airplane mode is your friend. After so many days though I believe it demands to call home or it won't start.

In which case I would say try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, let it sync to see there are no updates and then go back into airplane mode.

Repeat in 30/60 days as needed.

Reactions: ADSSER
Airplane mode is your friend. After so many days though I believe it demands to call home or it won't start.

In which case I would say try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, let it sync to see there are no updates and then go back into airplane mode.

Repeat in 30/60 days as needed.

Thanks for the advice!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo