Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problems With Inspire 1 v1 upgrading to X5. Firmware bug?

Reaction score
Hey.

Just purchased the Zenmuse X5 camera used. The camera shows firmware 1.11.1.50 and the aircraft shows version 1.11.01.50, but the camera will not take the update version 1.11.1.50 via SD card to link the AI and the Camera so it will become an "Inspire PRO"..

I put the SD card in the camera with the remote off just like the DJI's video tell us.
I get the RED/GREEN LED on the gimbal and the yellow LED on the AI with the "D D D D" sound. After around 15 seconds the LED on the X5 goes solid RED and the sound of the AI goes over to "DDDDDDD", and in the TXT file on the SD card it shows "FAILED, TURN OFF AIRCRAFT AND TRY AGAIN".

I was thinking of downgrading the Firmware to the previous verions (v1.10.1.40) and see if this could maybe solve my problem.

DJI has recently removed their v1.10.1.40 Firmware on their website.

Do one of you on this forum have the firmware v1.10.1.40 to share with me?

Hope you guys on this forum have some knowledge.

Erik.

Reactions: HUBCAM
Hi,
I have WM610_FC550_FW_V01.10.01.40.bin if you still need it.

You can send me a private message with your e-mail i will transfer you that.

Reactions: bcssoares
did you format the Micro SD in the X5 ? I found that formatting in the camera leaves the file folder the camera uses to store images and it seems to confuse the update process, I found that formatting on a computer leaving the card absolutely virgin before you copy the firmware to it ALWAYS works, maybe give that a try.

Hi, I'm having a similar issue.

I have just upgraded my standard I1 to and I1 pro, when initially turning on the drone with X5 attached it runs through its calibration and initially seems fine but the image was out of focus.

Looking into the app information it said 'Gimbal Disconnected' I figured a FW upgrade was needed even though the FW seemed to be showing the most up to date.

Downloaded most recent PRO FW version, put onto a formatted SD card and put into the X5 and switched on drone.

It ran through the calibration movements but the X5 LED turned solid red, the rear aircraft LED flashed yellow and nothing happened.

Left it like this for about 25 mins, checked the text log but there was no data for today's FW upgrade attempt (although there was a bit of history I guess from previous upgrades) and in the app the gimbal still shows as 'Gimbal Disconnected' even though I can control the pitch and yaw and there is an out of focus image from the gimbal being displayed.

any help would be gratefully received

Hey Guys!

Well, I FINALLY got around to picking up an X5 for my Inspire1.
Having exactly the same experience as above - "
I put the SD card in the camera with the remote off just like the DJI's video tell us.
I get the RED/GREEN LED on the gimbal and the yellow LED on the AI with the "D D D D" sound. After around 15 seconds the LED on the X5 goes solid RED and the sound of the AI goes over to "DDDDDDD", and in the TXT file on the SD card it shows "FAILED, TURN OFF AIRCRAFT AND TRY AGAIN"."

Did anyone find resolution about this ?
In Hell over here. Any help ?

John

Hey Guys!

Well, I FINALLY got around to picking up an X5 for my Inspire1.
Having exactly the same experience as above - "
I get the RED/GREEN LED on the gimbal and the yellow LED on the AI with the "D D D D" sound. After around 15 seconds the LED on the X5 goes solid RED and the sound of the AI goes over to "DDDDDDD", and in the TXT file on the SD card it shows "FAILED, TURN OFF AIRCRAFT AND TRY AGAIN"."

Did anyone find resolution about this ?
In Hell over here. Any help ?

John
Do it again, this time format the SD in your computer exFAT then transfer the .bin and proceed to put it in the X5. I found hot formatting on the bird seems to confuse the update maybe because of the file folder that is put there during the format, I don't know for sure but that procedure always worked for me.

Thanks so much for getting back to me.
Several times I've reformatted the micro sd with exFAT and installed the bin file.

I'm presently trying Donnie Franks "Magic Key" solution with the text file DEBUG etc with .txt removed.
After the bird going through, flexing it's muscles and turning its head to a laser light show, it's back to appearing to be stuck on solid red and bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

and the resulting text file that is no surprise.

========== 2018.04.22 00:28:45 =====================
Packet: WM610_FC550_FW_V01.11.01.50.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

========== 2018.04.22 00:42:17 =====================

========== 2018.04.22 00:43:27 =====================

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:07 remo-con disconnect======

I've been trying to install Firmware WM610_FC550_FW_V01.11.01.50.bin
Maybe this X5 is just too old for this new stuff?
Maybe I should be trying to install much older Firmware ?

I had an X5 and used the latest firmware, frankly I've never been happy with it and am looking to downgrade possibly, bu it did install successfully after I did the format in computer.

Hi guys,
Sound like every one is having the same problem. Did anyone resolve any of this problem. I have kinda the same problem.
thanks
Thouy

Hi,
I have WM610_FC550_FW_V01.10.01.40.bin if you still need it.

You can send me a private message with your e-mail i will transfer you that.
Do you still have a copy of WM610_FC550_FW_V01.10.01.40.bin available? If so, could you email it to mach3photography.com please? I've spent 10 hours over the last two days attempting to update to the 5.0 ... now the gear won't enter travel mode... still flies and shoots fine but what a pain.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips