Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Prop guards anyone?

For those looking for propguards check these out: http://smartpowercharge.com/proddetail.php?prod=i1PG shipping soon
They are so expensive and the design looks like it needs work. There is no quick-release. Quoting the website ( They are designed with SEMI QUICK-DISCONNECT features. The front tightly SNAPS into place requiring only 2 screws in the rear." I have even tested by using 2 small wire ties" in place of the screws ) I am sure that if you where to be in a realistic crash the propellers guards might just come off! Doesn't sound like it might do the job of an actual prop guard!

They are so expensive and the design looks like it needs work. There is no quick-release. Quoting the website ( They are designed with SEMI QUICK-DISCONNECT features. The front tightly SNAPS into place requiring only 2 screws in the rear." I have even tested by using 2 small wire ties" in place of the screws ) I am sure that if you where to be in a realistic crash the propellers guards might just come off! Doesn't sound like it might do the job of an actual prop guard!

that's why we postponed our prop guards production. Given the size of the guards we will need to have two clamps to secure the guards and may need to interlock them as well. If the drone hits a wall the guards need to be sturdy enough to hold its position. The above guards is smaller and should be OK with a screw mount.

I'll post some backpack pics. We got our prototype and it feels fantastic.

Reactions: britchris1
that's why we postponed our prop guards production. Given the size of the guards we will need to have two clamps to secure the guards and may need to interlock them as well. If the drone hits a wall the guards need to be sturdy enough to hold its position. The above guards is smaller and should be OK with a screw mount.

I am currently using the prop guards that you guys are selling for the P3, they are amazing. So easy to use and very practical. It takes less than a minute to put them on.

I am currently using the propeller guards that you guys made for the P3 and they are great. I am so glad i bought them it is a great investment. They are so practical. It just takes less than a minute to put them on and take them off! i am looking forward for the inspire 1 Prop Guards and the backpack for both drones

Last edited:
Prop Gaurd for Inspire 3D Print file ?
If anyone knows where I can get the file I have a printer with a big enough bed

It seems this topic died off, prop guards are readily available for the i1 now, I use white on the front black on the rear which is huge in helping orient my craft, I try not to fly without them. Anyone else?

It seems this topic died off, prop guards are readily available for the i1 now, I use white on the front black on the rear which is huge in helping orient my craft, I try not to fly without them. Anyone else?

I really would like to use mine...great idea about different colors...anything to help. I just don't know about using them with my Zenmuse X5 setup which is obviously heavier than the lighter weight X3 setup.

I have the X5, no issues.

Great...just to confirm...you are using prop guards with you X5 setup...no performance issues. I am using prop guards purchased through Smart PowerCharger.

Thanks for your info. I have been saved by these things...I know some folks view these as "training wheels," but if there is a chance they might help prevent an injury, I'm all in.

Great...just to confirm...you are using prop guards with you X5 setup...no performance issues. I am using prop guards purchased through Smart PowerCharger.

Thanks for your info. I have been saved by these things...I know some folks view these as "training wheels," but if there is a chance they might help prevent an injury, I'm all in.
Yes, I got mine from Amazon, and yes I have the most current version of the i1/X5, not an upgrade, I think the motors are updated in the latest versions. I'm not so cocky as to worry about training wheel comments it helps me orient my craft and makes me feel a little more secure with my investment.

Yes, I got mine from Amazon, and yes I have the most current version of the i1/X5, not an upgrade, I think the motors are updated in the latest versions. I'm not so cocky as to worry about training wheel comments it helps me orient my craft and makes me feel a little more secure with my investment.

Sorry to bug you...but do you have the Inspire Pro? I guess this has more powerful motors? I just upgraded my Inspire 1 that I bought last year when they first came out...I just want to be totally sure these prop guards will be OK to put back on my craft. I used them with the X3 and I thought the performance was absolutely fine.

Sorry to bug you...but do you have the Inspire Pro? I guess this has more powerful motors? I just upgraded my Inspire 1 that I bought last year when they first came out...I just want to be totally sure these prop guards will be OK to put back on my craft. I used them with the X3 and I thought the performance was absolutely fine.
Yes I have the Pro, no you're not bugging me.

Yes I have the Pro, no you're not bugging me.

Cool...so I am still a bit weary of flying with prop guards with my upgraded Inspire 1. Would be great to know if any else has tried this. Good luck and thanks.

Cool...so I am still a bit weary of flying with prop guards with my upgraded Inspire 1. Would be great to know if any else has tried this. Good luck and thanks.
It occurs to me if the i1 can be upgraded from an X3 to an X5, if you're still using an X3 there wouldn't be a problem, the X5 is a beast compared to the X3, and even if you are flying the X5 as an upgrade the most that will happen is a minute or two less flight time. Take it out and give it a try compare notes, feel the motor housing. I'm betting there'll be little difference.

It occurs to me if the i1 can be upgraded from an X3 to an X5, if you're still using an X3 there wouldn't be a problem, the X5 is a beast compared to the X3, and even if you are flying the X5 as an upgrade the most that will happen is a minute or two less flight time. Take it out and give it a try compare notes, feel the motor housing. I'm betting there'll be little difference.

Will do...thanks

Okay here goes the ridiculous:

I fly below the tree canopy, weaving between limbs. I wish someone would make a clam shell prop guard that would completely eliminate the possibility of the props making contact with anything. I could care less about wind drag, because in open terrain with wind they would not be used.

Just my three cents worth. I also could care less about the price because they would immediately pay for themselves. I have had numerous close calls.......

Okay here goes the ridiculous:

I fly below the tree canopy, weaving between limbs. I wish someone would make a clam shell prop guard that would completely eliminate the possibility of the props making contact with anything. I could care less about wind drag, because in open terrain with wind they would not be used.

Just my three cents worth. I also could care less about the price because they would immediately pay for themselves. I have had numerous close calls.......
Curious, anything that would prevent small limbs and leaves would also severely impact airflow, would you agree?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont