Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Question for I2 drivers using T-Motor CF folding props

Reaction score
Hello All,

I installed a set of T-Motor cf folding props on my I2 a month ago. For the most part
I've been very happy with the conversion. First, the props are absolutely gorgeous and I
love being able to quickly fold the blades out of the way when the bird is not In use.
My wife and I recently visited our grand kids who live a couple of hundred miles away, to bring
my I2 along I simply folded the props and placed it into it's landing mode carry case.

Now for what I don't like about the T-Motor props: Before changing out the stock props I was
able to consistently attains flight speeds of 49 - 50 mph (full throttle, no wind, 100ft altitude, X4S camera).
With the T-Motor props I now consistently attain flight speed of 29 - 30 mph (full throttle, no wind,
100ft altitude, X4S camera, X5S camera with Olympus 14mm-42mm lens).

My question for the I2 drivers running T-Motor cf folding props what kinds of max speeds are you
getting out of your birds?

Same here, no noticeable effect on speed, just noticeably less vibration through the airframe.

Were you happen to be flying in GPS mode with the CF props? 30 mph is about the top speed in GPS mode.

Hello All,

I installed a set of T-Motor cf folding props on my I2 a month ago. For the most part
I've been very happy with the conversion. First, the props are absolutely gorgeous and I
love being able to quickly fold the blades out of the way when the bird is not In use.
My wife and I recently visited our grand kids who live a couple of hundred miles away, to bring
my I2 along I simply folded the props and placed it into it's landing mode carry case.

Now for what I don't like about the T-Motor props: Before changing out the stock props I was
able to consistently attains flight speeds of 49 - 50 mph (full throttle, no wind, 100ft altitude, X4S camera).
With the T-Motor props I now consistently attain flight speed of 29 - 30 mph (full throttle, no wind,

My question for the I2 drivers running T-Motor cf folding props what kinds of max speeds are you

04FD46D1-F8E8-479E-9B80-4FF391FAC1D0.png
Hello All,

12mph wind, 60’ altitude, landing gear down, atti mode always. GPS top, averages around 30-45

Were you happen to be flying in GPS mode with the CF props? 30 mph is about the top speed in GPS mode.

I didn't think about GPS mode's effect on max speed until well after posting this thread... duh! It's dark here now but I'll
make some test runs in Sport mode and Atti mode tomorrow morning. Thanks guys.

I didn't think about GPS mode's effect on max speed until well after posting this thread... duh! It's dark here now but I'll
make some test runs in Sport mode and Atti mode tomorrow morning. Thanks guys.

Please keep us posted on your findings, we have been seeing some changes in speed with some of the new FW updates.

Good morning all, I went out this morning to fly some speed test runs with my T-Motor cf foldables. We
live on a bay on the Gulf Coast and the winds had already come up this morning a 7:00. My neighbor has
a wind sock on his boathouse so I used it to get a good idea of the wind speed and direction. I flew several runs
(one run into the wind and the other run was with the tail wind). I made the first runs (2 in each direction) in P-mode.
My average speed into the head wind was 30.5 mph, my average speed with the tail wind was 34.5 mph. I made the
next 2 runs in Sport-mode and I'm happy to report that my average speed into the head wind was 54 mph and 61.5 mph
with the tail wind. I'm really lovin these T-Motor cf foldables again! All runs were flown at 100 ft.

I've been a belt and suspenders kind of guy when it comes to flying my I2, didn't do a lot of rat racing around with it - did that in
another life. I really appreciated the extra speed and maneuverability that I found in Sport-mode, guess I'll be taking off my
suspenders to enjoy the full capabilities of the great bird. Thanks for your help guys.

If your on the latest firmware with Cendence also make sure you have the side sliders forward to max, these are now able to just the sticks behaviour and restrict forward speed, you can change this in settings.

Congrats on the Props they are awesome :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawsonlee