Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Re-celling inspire batteries

Reaction score
The cells themselves can be composed and the controller should recognize them, but the point is in their sizes. You need to either look for cells by size or make a new package based on these sizes, but then you can increase the capacity of the cell to the desired power.
For example similar
6 cells of this assembly will weigh 2.6 kg. with a capacity of 26000 mAh. TB48 weighs 659 g capacity 5700 mAh
This option is probably best → with a capacity of 9800 mAh, the weight will be 1020 g. A preliminary calculation (theoretically) shows a flight time of 25-30 minutes.

Reactions: Brent Newman
Reaction score
I was doing some research for the Inspire 2 batteries and found the battery manufacture for DJI. You might be able to find some information on there website. DJI uses a intelligent system or (BMS/ smart battery management system). As you most likely know, DJI feels the user should not do any maintenance on their batteries and when things are not working.... just buy a new one. The TB50 I took apart has the company and part number on each cell. LiPo battery 16.26Wh 3.8v N576223A0779
I found the manufacture website however, I have not pursued any additional information.

All the best
Rich

Manufacturer

095459folmqz4llbty4y79.jpg

Reaction score
Its coming up on a year since the last post. Does anyone know if there has. been any success in regards to the recelling of TB47/48 batteries? Or any company doing that.

Reaction score
Website
www.phat.hu
if one would ask for a quote as a company the prod company making the I1 batteries should then be able tobsell as it is not retail. no?

Reaction score
The TB 47s and 48s are the same battery but the top is different - can the tops be swapped?

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time believing this - but it appears DJI is forcing Inspire 1 owners to ground their birds and buy a new product. Considering the price these products sold for - it hardly seems fair to have to start over in our investment. These birds should be viable for 10 years. I don't understand why the batteries are being discontinued . . .

Reaction score
Regarding the BMs pcb and the battery control IC, it may be possible to hack into the chip and reprogram for the capacity, cycle count,.. Or to clear the 'permanent fail' condition that occurs when the discharge too far.

This has been done with Phantom 4 batteries. Most of this work seems to be done by the Russians or in eastern Europe.

Be2works.com is a possible starting point. They started as a way for small electronics shops to re-cell laptop batteries and then re-configure the BMS pcb. You will need a communication adapter like the CP2112 (easily found on eBay or Ali) to get going.

This will depend on what battery management chip is on the board.

Ubrt.com.ua is another service but seems a little dodgy.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dejwak