Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Reporting "commercial" UAV use

so .. I'm paging through my region's craig'slist ads and see a dozen or so advertising aerial video and images, and I start to check them out.

the third one down had this excellent aerial image of these insane Christmas lights, I would have been so envious except for the fact that I took that image!

after a minute of unrepeatables, I recognize the wording, location, and name from a guy asking drone questions a while back that I replied to with an answer regarding faa 333 stuff, he has no waiver.

I recall that I actually have his number from that previous corespondence and send a text asking him to remove my images from his ad.
Additionally, I reply to the ad asking the same.

A day passes with no action so I notify craig'slist of a copyright violation on their site, this does the trick.

I send another email to the guy telling him of my actions and that I would be more than happy to assist with his 333 filing and show him how to tak some great images.

Reactions: DennisR
so .. I'm paging through my region's craig'slist ads and see a dozen or so advertising aerial video and images, and I start to check them out.

the third one down had this excellent aerial image of these insane Christmas lights, I would have been so envious except for the fact that I took that image!

after a minute of unrepeatables, I recognize the wording, location, and name from a guy asking drone questions a while back that I replied to with an answer regarding faa 333 stuff, he has no waiver.

I recall that I actually have his number from that previous corespondence and send a text asking him to remove my images from his ad.
Additionally, I reply to the ad asking the same.

A day passes with no action so I notify craig'slist of a copyright violation on their site, this does the trick.

I send another email to the guy telling him of my actions and that I would be more than happy to assist with his 333 filing and show him how to tak some great images.
You gotta lot of grace there!

So much for an adult conversation.....
Just cause you're an adult doesn't mean that being a snitch no longer makes you a whiney tattletale loser, sorry. No one likes a tattletale regardless of their age, it's a universal law. What more conversation do you require about it?

Reactions: Tj_
The faa is only going to help them obtain a 333. It's not as serious as u want it to be. Hey by the way I like trump for president
Im in Australia and the laws are already in here. The dobbing in won't be in the fields. It will be seen online and easy to ask if the vision was carried out by a licensed Drone operator.

Out of interest has anyone in the uk actually reported anyone for commercially Flying a UAV without a PFAW? If so to whom did you report it and was it investigated? Private message me if you prefer than replying on forum. I have a keen interest in this as an unlicensed operator has been brought to my attention and the footage is very irresponsible.

Out of interest has anyone in the uk actually reported anyone for commercially Flying a UAV without a PFAW? If so to whom did you report it and was it investigated? Private message me if you prefer than replying on forum. I have a keen interest in this as an unlicensed operator has been brought to my attention and the footage is very irresponsible.
Yes - email [email protected]
Include a link to the offending website and/or YouTube video with a BRIEF description in the email.

Checking whether a company or individual holds current PFAW is easy by looking here:
CAP1361: CAA approved commercial Small Unmanned Aircraft (SUA) operators

Sadly they will simply respond that it's a police matter and they no longer deal with it. Hence my request for info if anyone has had success reporting , and to whom. Ie which police dept.

Sadly they will simply respond that it's a police matter and they no longer deal with it. Hence my request for info if anyone has had success reporting , and to whom. Ie which police dept.
If it is reported as a safety issue then the CAA are still duty bound to investigate or at least look at it. They can then decide to contact the relevant local plod.
CAA are still wholly responsible for aviation safety.

If it is reported as a safety issue then the CAA are still duty bound to investigate or at least look at it. They can then decide to contact the relevant local plod.
The problem is when a commercial flight is done safely. I know the pilot will not have commercial PL insurance, but that never seems enough to get any of the authorities attention. CAA are not interested and really neither are the police who regard illegal commercial work done by a non-PFAW holder as way down the list of their priorities. That's why there has been no prosecutions in the UK for such illegal use...sadly.

The problem is when a commercial flight is done safely. I know the pilot will not have commercial PL insurance, but that never seems enough to get any of the authorities attention. CAA are not interested and really neither are the police who regard illegal commercial work done by a non-PFAW holder as way down the list of their priorities. That's why there has been no prosecutions in the UK for such illegal use...sadly.
Makes you wonder why you obtain a PFAW?

they tell me its a civil matter not a criminal one. Can anyone tell me the section and number under which its a crime please? I feel the need to pursue this higher up!

they tell me its a civil matter not a criminal one. Can anyone tell me the section and number under which its a crime please? I feel the need to pursue this higher up!
AIR Navigation Order section 166 para 5
"The person in charge of a SUA must not fly the aircraft for the purposes of aerial work except in accordance with a permission granted by the CAA."

Reactions: Farlap

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry