Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Rollback from Inspire 1 RAW 1.09.01.10 to 1.08.01.40

Reaction score
Hello folks!

I just purchased an Inspire 1 Raw drone and tried my second flight with it in beginner mode using the 1.09.01.10 firmware with 2 controllers (1 master, 1 slave) on firmware 1.6
Upon initiating take off, the drone started to climb really fast instead of the usual hover it did during my first flight with version 1.80.01.40. Luckily after half a minute I managed to regain control and land it safely avoiding the heart attack.

I have searched around the web and read the other users are facing the same problem with the latest firmware too.
Would someone please be so kind as to point me towards a procedure where I can downgrade to the previous firmware.

Hello folks!

I just purchased an Inspire 1 Raw drone and tried my second flight with it in beginner mode using the 1.09.01.10 firmware with 2 controllers (1 master, 1 slave) on firmware 1.6
Upon initiating take off, the drone started to climb really fast instead of the usual hover it did during my first flight with version 1.80.01.40. Luckily after half a minute I managed to regain control and land it safely avoiding the heart attack.

I have searched around the web and read the other users are facing the same problem with the latest firmware too.
Would someone please be so kind as to point me towards a procedure where I can downgrade to the previous firmware.
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Please use the search function as this has been covered many many times before.
Basically, for the aircraft, it is as simple as putting a freshly formatted card with the previous firmware on it and letting it downgrade.
You will not need to downgrade your RC.
Please take the time to read through some of the posts on this forum and you will get guidance on how to proceed.

Thanks for the swift reply.

Apologies, I made a quick search and had read other threads regarding downgrades before posting.
Just wanted to make sure that a freshly formatted card with the previous firmware on it is the only option as I tried that already and it didn't work.

Will try again with a card in the X5R module.

Hi Greg were you successful in downgrading? I have tried to upgrade my inspire 1 pro with the latest firmware but reading your comments like others as well theyhave had issues. I'm glad I didn't. I think I will hold out a while, but I'm curious as to whether your camera needed upgraded first before the A/C intelligent battery? & did you have a successful flight once downgrading?

Kind regards.

Hi Greg were you successful in downgrading? I have tried to upgrade my inspire 1 pro with the latest firmware but reading your comments like others as well theyhave had issues. I'm glad I didn't. I think I will hold out a while, but I'm curious as to whether your camera needed upgraded first before the A/C intelligent battery? & did you have a successful flight once downgrading?

Kind regards.
This might help.

Kind regards.

Yup, managed to downgrade just fine and I am sticking to 1.08.01.40 until I hear that the new fw they released is safe to use.
I have flow it 6-7 times since the downgrade, everything works at it should.

Best,

Hi, I'm trying to do the exact same. Did you manage to roll both your camera and Aircraft back with the same firmware file? Im using WM610_FC550R_FW_V01.08.01.40 and its only effecting my X5R
Cheers

Yup, managed to downgrade just fine and I am sticking to 1.08.01.40 until I hear that the new fw they released is safe to use.
I have flow it 6-7 times since the downgrade, everything works at it should.

Best,
I still have gone to 1.9.3???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207