Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Rolling back FW on R/C

Reaction score
OK, don't all get excited just yet but I have raised the request over on Driving Force and also direct to DJI R&D to have the ability to roll back the firmware as we can on the aircraft.
I am assuming people will not care whether it is accomplished via the app or thru USB but more having the ability rather than how it is executed.

No promises but we will see what they come up with.

OK, don't all get excited just yet but I have raised the request over on Driving Force and also direct to DJI R&D to have the ability to roll back the firmware as we can on the aircraft.
I am assuming people will not care whether it is accomplished via the app or thru USB but more having the ability rather than how it is executed.

Thanks Editor... i am interested in rolling back the FW, if that's what it takes to get the performance back on the inspire ..

Reactions: alabamajack137
There is a way to roll back that was posted on PP a while back but it's not easy and you need the older FW versions to start with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, first of all I make no promises or endorse this procedure since it is a DJI R&D shortcut/function - I offer no support other than to describe the process nor do I guarantee it will work for your particular scenario. You guys asked for it so here it is.
Right then, for those of you that want to try this or have a need or desire to roll back the RC firmware.
Try the following:
Make sure your device (tablet) is connected to the internet and also to your remote control via the USB cable.
Have your tablet switched on.
Turn on the R/C. (Await the usual trust message if using iOS)
Fire up the DJI Go App.
As soon as you get to the screen where you would select camera view, press and hold your finger on the Acadamy' symbol (little hat top right of screen). Hold your finger there for up to 30 seconds, do not lift it up.
A screen will appear (on its own in Android but after you lift your finger on iOS) that should give you the current firmware on your RC. Click on this and a rolling menu will appear to give you the option of any firmware.
Select the FW of your choice and click download.
Once downloaded click install.
Enjoy your downgraded RC firmware.

Don't say I never give you guys anything. ;)

Well that did not take long to get out.

Not seeing prev FW version on the public app though, guess there is nothing on the server yet

Last edited:
Well that did not take long to get out.

Not seeing prev FW version on the public app though, guess there is nothing on the server yet

It should work - although of course we are talking DJI so this could just as easily move things do DEFCON 5 and destabilise the world econonomy in one foul swoop!
There maybe some teething problems - as I say, I can't guarantee this will work for everybody.
I think a more permanent solution might be on the way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry