Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Sanity check on propeller mounting plates

Reaction score
I broke one of my propeller mounting plates (part 22). bought new a new set and for the life of me I can not get the old one off. I am using a T9 wrench and turning counter clockwise but am very near to stripping the screw. Its not reverse threads by any chance is it? Its to the point that if I cant get it off I may have to replace the entire motor. Its the clockwise (red) motor.

I broke one of my propeller mounting plates (part 22). bought new a new set and for the life of me I can not get the old one off. I am using a T9 wrench and turning counter clockwise but am very near to stripping the screw. Its not reverse threads by any chance is it? Its to the point that if I cant get it off I may have to replace the entire motor. Its the clockwise (red) motor.

They are not reverse threads, put a soldering iron tip on it or try using a hair dryer to heat it up.

Reactions: Doecliff
Got it, Thanks, I used a blow dryer which probably softened up the lock tight but equally important I switched to a nut driver style torx. The long wrench I was using had too much twist between the long wrench and my hand holding the motor. The nut driver and handle is solid all the way and I put gloves on as well. I was expecting a distinct break and then an easy back out of the screw but it came out hard almost the entire way due to the thread locker.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips