Self-adaptive landing gear issues.

Reaction score
Hi all, having issues of late with the auto-raising of landing gear function.

The aircraft does fine when it takes off first time, and raises the landing gear automatically. When i bring it back down it lowers the gear, no problem. But subsequently, like clockwork, whenever I go above the minimum height required for the landing gear to raise, it does not.

Manually flicking the switch on the TX works though so I don't think it's a mechanical or electronic issue with the legs.

Anyone else faced this issue? Feedback/solutions will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

The exception is if you do a RTH when the gear will lower on landing.
Sidenote: but I still consider it a mistake from DJI to lower the gear the moment it is over the homepoint. If it has to come down from a great height I'd rather have the gear up while descending and lower it 10m above the ground. Better stability and less chance on VRS.
If I ever have a RTH (only invoke once in a while to test if it still works) I kill it over the homepoint and raise the gear again.

Reactions: CopterBob
Thanks! Got my landing gears crossed it seems. Though I had contacted DJI earlier and they said to send the aircraft in. Guess wires got crossed there as well.

I know your post is old but it helped me understand what was happening. But how did you know this? It is not in the manual, I think. Was it just trial and error? Thanks.

Thanks for your service to the rest of us lower level beta testers. I was thinking of compiling a list (What DJI Left Out of Owner's Manual) like using the Mode Switch to force a compass calibration. Do you think folks in the Forum would contribute?