Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Self-adaptive landing gear issues.

Reaction score
Hi all, having issues of late with the auto-raising of landing gear function.

The aircraft does fine when it takes off first time, and raises the landing gear automatically. When i bring it back down it lowers the gear, no problem. But subsequently, like clockwork, whenever I go above the minimum height required for the landing gear to raise, it does not.

Manually flicking the switch on the TX works though so I don't think it's a mechanical or electronic issue with the legs.

Anyone else faced this issue? Feedback/solutions will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

The exception is if you do a RTH when the gear will lower on landing.
Sidenote: but I still consider it a mistake from DJI to lower the gear the moment it is over the homepoint. If it has to come down from a great height I'd rather have the gear up while descending and lower it 10m above the ground. Better stability and less chance on VRS.
If I ever have a RTH (only invoke once in a while to test if it still works) I kill it over the homepoint and raise the gear again.

Reactions: CopterBob
Thanks! Got my landing gears crossed it seems. Though I had contacted DJI earlier and they said to send the aircraft in. Guess wires got crossed there as well.

The adapter landing gear only works on initial takeoff and on the first approach to the ground. It only rearms if you shut the motors down. If you lift off again and finally land you have to manually operate the landing gear. The exception is if you do a RTH when the gear will lower on landing.

I know your post is old but it helped me understand what was happening. But how did you know this? It is not in the manual, I think. Was it just trial and error? Thanks.

Thanks for your service to the rest of us lower level beta testers:). I was thinking of compiling a list (What DJI Left Out of Owner's Manual) like using the Mode Switch to force a compass calibration. Do you think folks in the Forum would contribute?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop