Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Slave Controller Loss Of Video - Master Still Clear

Do the slave and the master have to be on the same FW update? My slave is 1.6 and the master is 1.7.4. I'm still having difficulty updating the slave, but was wondering maybe something else I should look at.
Slave in camera view is just a blank screen, seems like others have had issues updating too.

Hey Phatzo did you ever get that antenna and try it out? Im still struggling here with this issue.

hi gregdd,

yes i got the antenna but haven't had a chance to try yet :(
currently out of the country but when back sept 8 i will try to to a test. the ones i ordered have a "too short" cable but i hot glued it in the side within the RC with hope it will improve video quality...

what i could not find was an extension cable for the one i got... difficult to find in hungary... :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: gregdd
Hi guys. Like all of you I am experiencing the same problem with a 2nd controller. It sounds like the only way around it is the HDMI cable from the master controller to a HD monitor on the slave. Is that what works best?

Hi guys. Like all of you I am experiencing the same problem with a 2nd controller. It sounds like the only way around it is the HDMI cable from the master controller to a HD monitor on the slave. Is that what works best?
Yup.

I did use a black pearl monitor as a second monitor through the HDMI and it worked. Never tried it with the iPad mini...hmmm may do that if it can control the camera.

Thanks for the reply guys. I'm surprised that there is no solution for this. People. Have been experiencing this issue for over two years and I know that some users have not had this issue so there must be a solution or fix. Really hoping to sort his issue out. Thanks again for your responses.

Sorry folks i am still not shure about the Signal ways. Master gets Video from COPTER and Slave gets Signal from Master? Or is the Slave video comming from COPTER and If not why not?

Sorry folks i am still not shure about the Signal ways. Master gets Video from COPTER and Slave gets Signal from Master? Or is the Slave video comming from COPTER and If not why not?
Video signal come from the aircraft for both the Slave and Master.
The only link between the two remotes is for camera control and that is on 5.8ghz

So this thread has been running for two years and it stills seems no on has a clear solution, I have had this problem consistently for a long time, intermittent and unpredictable - please anyone can we sort this? DJI are you listening? My camera operators get very irritable when they get dropout and rightly so...

So this thread has been running for two years and it stills seems no on has a clear solution, I have had this problem consistently for a long time, intermittent and unpredictable - please anyone can we sort this? DJI are you listening? My camera operators get very irritable when they get dropout and rightly so...
Correct.
As I have explained before (repeatedly) it is a hardware issue caused by the interleaved nodes of the antennas and the 2.4ghz proximity to the 5.8ghz stubs.
This will NOT be addressed or fixed. DJI (Officially) has never admitted to there being a problem.
Your only options are.
1. Get another RC and set it up,as Master and hope you get one that isn't so badly affected through the front end. (Doubtful and hit and miss)
2. Plug in an HDMI cable into your master and your camera op will have no issues using this feed to monitor the downlink.
3. Move to an Inspire 2
4. Move away from DJI platform
5. Utilize another downlink system such as Paralinx Tomahawk or similar

Did anyone sort this out? I have a new i1 v2.0 and dji told me to swap master and slave over but still loose signal on slave, someone said to me put master into custom on the signal and leave slave in auto and that solved the problem. If your in the uk you have to change country in settings to USA before you can change to custom as it stuck in auto.

My workaround is to run a 8 foot hdmi cable from my master controller's hdmi port to a hdmi monitor. The hdmi monitor is attached to the slave remote for my camera op. Hope that helps!

Reactions: Ceeps
As many have stated it is common but one solution that tends to behave better is doing separate 5ghz antennas, while it’s not perfect it does work for the most part and dramatically improves things.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips