Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

So picked up my Inspire and took her out for a flight... got a question though.

Reaction score
Very smooth, very cool. Still playing with the controls... Flew her around until battery got low but definitely very easy to fly.

Quick question though... the inspire came with a carrying case but does anyone make a case that you can leave the inspire intact without having to constantly remove the blades?

I looked at this one but don't know if I'll be in the same position.

61T3662ls5L._SL1328_.jpg

Thanks,

Mark

You asked about blades fitting in the box without detaching them. Not the gimbal. I would ask again if the blades can still be attached.
Yes, I would like to know that, as well as Tahoe Ed's impressions when he gets his. I'm ready to order.

Enjoy life and be nice

I think it's nice that you have to remove props, propsaver, battery, camera when you pack it down.
Makes it easier to make sure everything on your machine works the way it should. But that's just my opinion.

Of course, wouldn't mind a bigger case, but I like to make sure my machine is 100% operative. (Easier to check when you need to build it up).

I think it's nice that you have to remove props, propsaver, battery, camera when you pack it down.
Makes it easier to make sure everything on your machine works the way it should. But that's just my opinion.

Of course, wouldn't mind a bigger case, but I like to make sure my machine is 100% operative. (Easier to check when you need to build it up).

For me it is very tedious to have to take down the drone every time I fly. There is too much time spent, when I go from job to job.

I will build my own case, so I get it how I want it, like in this thread ..

http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/quick-deploy-case.632/page-2

Agreed. Assembling before flight and disassembling after flight provides me with the opportunity to examine things before and after--ongoing maintenance, so to speak.

It takes no more than 5mins... ?

Yes, but when you go from place to place and have up to 8 jobs a day, every minute counts.

There is always something that causes trouble when you are in a hurry. So just to be able to take it out of your case, calibrate and then fly is what I seek.

Yes, but when you go from place to place and have up to 8 jobs a day, every minute counts.

There is always something that causes trouble when you are in a hurry. So just to be able to take it out of your case, calibrate and then fly is what I seek.

That's when I don't even bother with a case... Just let it ride in the back seat;)

That's when I don't even bother with a case... Just let it ride in the back seat;)

Yes, could transport it that way. However, I would have a little more safe way of transport, in the unlikely event of a disaster on the road.
My photographic equipment is rather costly, so I like to transport it safely.

Yes, but you still have to take off the props.

The new QR props only take a few seconds to put on and remove.
You should'nt leave props on anyways while storing or traveling. The case can deform the prop and then You will have tracking issues.

Edit, I just saw how you have it.. No issue with that.

You could leave the props on with some modifications to the foam (sorry i misread the original question I stopped reading at "leave the inspire intact"!)
The inspire sits low in the bottom of the case - see the pictures here: http://www.tradecraftcases.com/product-p/ins1combo.htm personally i wouldnt recommend leaving the props on in any case though, theyre so easy to get on and off

The new QR props only take a few seconds to put on and remove.
You should'nt leave props on anyways while storing or traveling. The case can deform the prop and then You will have tracking issues.

Edit, I just saw how you have it.. No issue with that.

I have used a Phantom 2 over 1.5 years now and have a case where I can just throw it in, with propellers and everything.

Have not had any problems with deformed props or anything else. Just glad it's a snap to get started and fly.

So I do not know if there are any major problems with deformed props, especially when INSPIRE 1´s props are thicker and more strongly built?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamwalker4963