Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Stange new mobile device error message

Eagle33331,

Thanks.When I click on HD, the Image Transmission setting screen appears. Which control are you adjusting, Is it the channel? If so, does this jeopardize control of the I2?

Please do not respond now, When convenient and in you are near the controller, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Yes you're changing the setting from enabling the Inspire to select the strongest transmission channel on the fly to locking it on to a single channel manually. I'm sure a debate could be made about which manner would be safest. I lean towards Auto, after having failed to get much benefit from trying manually.

I'll be more precise tomorrow, Barry, when I get to the office. To my (limited) knowledge it has nothing to do with control of the aircraft, only the video signal. But I am to an expert and may be wrong so you should satisfy yourself on that point.

Ascender - does the channel also carry the command controls between the controller and aircraft?

Good question. I'm not sure if the video signal is on a separate link from the AC control.
Regardless it's safer to fly when you can see! [emoji16]

Thanks for the referenced thread. When setting the transmission channel manually, did you completely eliminate the error and glitches without disconnecting the I2?

Yes - but I only jogged the aircraft around the parking area outside the office and flew a 10 feet hover for a minute. No time today; but that had, minutes previously, resulted in frozen frame, green line, pixelated blocking, especially on pans. I'm confident the manual channel selection sorted it. I'll aim to conduct thorough testing in flight ops tomorrow and report back.

Incidentally, mine's an I1.

Flew today - 82 degrees. No warnings but intermittent frame glitches that impacted some great pans. I2, iPad 4 with nothing running in the background, ProRes - frustrated with no solution.

I hope DJI s monitoring this thread.

I've been having this issue as well. Interestingly, when I switched BACK to my iPhone 7 and 7+ (we operate dual op), we had no issues with glitchy video feed or latency.

I wish I could tell you what the fix was, but unfortunately, I can't. I've given up on flying with the iPad mini 2 for now. Only way to fly safely and get quality professional video footage was for us to revert back to our iPhone's.

Had my first incident of this issue last week "Mobile device CPU fully loaded" and intermittent HD video frame glitches. Am suspecting one or two reasons: 1) Outdoor temperature exceed the iPad's rated max of 95F, 2) An RFID scanner at the property gate impacted the stream.

In my opinion, this is a firmware glitch that is fixable. I have heard virtually every reason in the book named as the cause for this and even had a DJI employee state "oh, this comes from flying when it's really hot outside." False. My iPad Mini 4 worked FLAWLESSLY even when the Inspire 2 first came out but the performance of it has gone downhill dramatically and it's nothing different in my environment nor on my iPad. I hope something resolves it soon.

We set image transmission setting to manual - 18 or 20, I can't remember right now and don't have my iPad. It instantly solved the, mostly broken, video feed. The theory is that the processor power used to continually channel-scan on auto, overloads the iPads' cpu and causes the drops. The CrystalSky had better pack enough memory and processor power to solve this.

This warning has been occurring the last few days... "Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected."

I've rebooted the iPad mini 4, restarted the DJI Go 4 program, and have 128 GB storage. I've been using the I2 with latest app update (last week). Nothing other than mail is running on my iPad.

This doesn't seem to have apparent consequences. Probably a bug with the latest DJI Go 4 release.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Gidday from Australia.

This bloody warning "Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected" has just started appearing on my Inspire 1, too.

Right in the middle of a complex job for a major corporate client.

So the drone could not go more than 300 metres or so before the link between drone and controller was corrupted.

Frozen screen - half black screen - two thirds green screen - that sort of thing.

I could fly the drone OK - but I'll be buggered if I could see what the flog I was trying to video or photograph!

A quick look at the web indicates this proble is widespread across DJI models, since the last upgrade.

Pardon my cynicism, but:

I reckon this is DJI putting the pressure on all of us to ditch our IPods and Samsungs ...

... and buy DJI's CXrystalSky monitors to replace them.

Big bucks for a DJI solution.

Not bloody happy at all.

This is how I earn a living - and I don't like being mucked around.

Cyclops - I agree entirely with your assessment that this is strategic. I've been forced to order a CrystalSky, though I've overcome the video dropouts by manually selecting channel 20 on the controller so the iPad isn't using-up processor power searching for strongest signal. I hope the screen is significantly brighter than that of the iPad, with which I do struggle, even with a hood. Welcome to DJI.

For those experiencing this error on an iPad Mini 4, has turning off the recording of video on the IPad during a flight gotten rid of the problem, or had no impact?

Also, isn't it an option to upgrade to a new iPad Pro, as an alternate to ChrystalSky? I'm not sure I agree with this being a marketing-driven problem. Probably as they continue to add a lot of code related to geoFencing all which happens in realtime, the processing demands grow. Just a thought though, not based on any real testing. I have just noticed that this insufficient processing error is becoming more common as geoFencing has become more complex in their scheme

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah