Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Stock to FPVLR to DBS antenna mod comparison.

DBSMODS has a 90 degree transmission span as opposed to 60 degrees by FPVLR.
This is crucial as 90 degrees is much safer to fly with. Both are good but DBSMODS is safer and gives you the ability to transmitt through tree branches. I have even landed 1/4 mile away on the other side of buildings and reset the home point and took off back to the original location! That says a lot!
DBSMODS is not on here pushing the argument because Chuck's equipment speaks for itself. No need to defend what is already considered the best system.

Your post has a lot of answers for me ... Did you change any cables ? Have try power amps from DBS mods?

I sent two remotes in and Chuck did the modifications. You still have the ability to send/receive from slave remote.

I sent two remotes in and Chuck did the modifications. You still have the ability to send/receive from slave remote.

Do you have a phone for DBS ? Can't find a good phone number for them. How did take to do radios . I have 2,too

Contact through the website and tell Judy you would like to send two remotes in for mod. Pay. Then just send it to the address on the website.

We do these mods daily for many customers, If we can help just let us know. Happy flying
Ralph
Hi Ralph, @FlyHighUSA have a question for you. Not exactly sure how to word it though. I have the fantastic DBS mod that you fixed me up with. Great tree penetration when compared to my phantom 2. "If 1 is good, then 2 must be better, right?"

In your experience, does amplifying the signal make a big difference? Also will the amplifiers allow passive pass through of the antenna signals if they are not turned on? Or do you have to re-route the antenna connections on the days that you decide to fly without the amps?

Last edited:
Hi Ralph, @FlyHighUSA have a question for you. Not exactly sure how to word it though. I have the fantastic DBS mod that you fixed me up with. Great tree penetration when compared to my phantom 2. "If 1 is good, then 2 must be better, right?"

In your experience, does amplifying the signal make a big difference? Also will the amplifiers allow passive pass through of the antenna signals if they are not turned on? Or do you have to re-route the antenna connections on the days that you decide to fly without the amps?
Hey buddy , yes amplifying the signal with a system like MAXXUAV will greatly enhance the current performance of the DBS mod. Basically it's like putting it on steroids. If the battery stops working on the booster it will revert back to the regular DBS mod performance. Give me a shout and I can tell you more about it. Good to hear from you.

people have gotten 5 miles with fpvlr kit and no boosters, that's why we offer both amped an non amped kit.
Got a question I just bought your boosted kit from someone who had it on a p3p . I have an inspire I see on your website that'll work for both air crafts . Is that the case or are the frequencies different. Thanks . By the way just bought an extra battery pack from you. Thanks

Hi everyone..i am new to this forum. I am a RF design engineer by profession and as per my experience DBSMods without amps, still has excellent FOV and penetration. The HD Channel spectrum is the cleanest of all 4 scenarios using DBS without Amps. For example, I was able to fly all the way across my neighborhood, land in my neighbors driveway, and take back off and fly back home with pretty much full control and HD signal.

printed circuit board

Last edited:
Got a question I just bought your boosted kit from someone who had it on a p3p . I have an inspire I see on your website that'll work for both air crafts . Is that the case or are the frequencies different. Thanks . By the way just bought an extra battery pack from you. Thanks

It will work for both, the inspire has an extra antenna 5.8ghz for dual operator mode. You have to be aware of this while doing the mod! Otherwise, identical !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ftolino
It will work for both, the inspire has an extra antenna 5.8ghz for dual operator mode. You have to be aware of this while doing the mod! Otherwise, identical !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okay so if I fly the Inspire on single operator it will be ok but if I were to get 2 controllers would I need 3 amps I'm glad to hear the Phantom 4 will work with it that's awesome I asked Tony but he never got back to me about the fpv LR thanks for getting back to me I appreciate it

No sorry, I should have been more clear. When you mod your remote. The inspire 1 has one antenna that is 2.4ghz and one that is both 2.4ghz & 5.8ghz (for dual operator) you need to separate the 5.8ghz antenna and place that inside your remote to retain functionality and then install the mod cables as you would on a p3/p4

This is the antenna that is both 2.4 & 5.8
2f2c3c56f92709b8425a19294d80188d.jpg

2.4ghz side
b1ac2beffaf9fae8c5a48de8107aee64.jpg

Smaller 5.8ghz side
25847acd9ae6962d27366e4a340c893d.jpg

You will need to remove the 2.4ghz wire
f484ca7870ee7134f615b16f25e32a75.jpg

Then with side cutters cut above the 5.8ghz element
b43c8c0c4a52778587e718f6504eaaed.jpg

Reattach the connector to the 5.8ghz radio
89de17f6ad91851753120b203ca5753f.jpg