Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Sudden Gimbal Jerk

The Editor

Staff member
Reaction score
Does the twitch coincide with the craft dropping GPS and going into P-Atti momentarily?

Reaction score
I encountered jerking movements and later discovered the camera was in FPV mode rather than Follow Mode.

Reaction score
The GPS drop out only happens right after take off and regains signal after a few seconds. The jerk of the camera just happens randomly well into flying.

Reaction score
I encountered jerking movements and later discovered the camera was in FPV mode rather than Follow Mode.
I know the fpv mode can give you a little bit of twitch as the craft turns but this is a really bad jerk, and while in follow mode.

Reaction score
Sometimes I'll occasionally get some jerking when I am turning.

Reaction score
Had the same issue, DJI had me return the Inspire. I am being told it's a 3-4 week turn around time.

Reaction score
Do you have your C1 or C2 button on the back of the transmitter set to "Reset Gimbal Yaw"? I have mine set to that and found I accidentally hit those more often than I like which makes the camera jerk...

Reaction score
I bet the wind knocks the camera out of balance for a moment, then it snaps back to correct itself.

Reaction score
Is there any rhyme or reason? Is it windy, high forward speed or anything else you can think of?

Did you lose the compass at this point?

Reaction score
I have had the same problem. Just flying along and then boom. Watch my video right around 1:50 min. I have seen it at least 3 times now. And I have not even logged an hour of flight time

Interesting... yours does it in a different direction then mine. Does yours do it in the same direction every time?

Reaction score
Is there any rhyme or reason? Is it windy, high forward speed or anything else you can think of?

Did you lose the compass at this point?
There wasn't more then about 5 mph wind for me when it was happening, and I wasn't going to fast either.

Reaction score
Do you have your C1 or C2 button on the back of the transmitter set to "Reset Gimbal Yaw"? I have mine set to that and found I accidentally hit those more often than I like which makes the camera jerk...
I have not set the custom buttons yet. Unless they are set that way from the factory. I will check to see what mine are set at.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Defie