Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Suggestions for Viewing Flight

Reaction score
I have a client that would like to watch the flight progress in real time as I'm flying without having to look over my shoulder. I've seen various apps that allow you to create a local network and connect a second device for viewing, or, I suppose I could live stream to YouTube or something.. And of course I do have the HDMI out.. that must allow for some solution as well..

I would appreciate any suggestions that any of you might have.

Thank you in advance.

I have a client that would like to watch the flight progress in real time as I'm flying without having to look over my shoulder. I've seen various apps that allow you to create a local network and connect a second device for viewing, or, I suppose I could live stream to YouTube or something.. And of course I do have the HDMI out.. that must allow for some solution as well..

I would appreciate any suggestions that any of you might have.

Thank you in advance.
My advice would be that most of the WiFi dongle thingies are just too flakey. Your client won't be impressed by freezes and drop outs while he is watching you airborne.
For the most bullet proof solution I would suggest an HDMI cable from the remote to an external monitor of your choosing.
It isn't perfect since the 720p feed from the remote is not exactly broadcast quality both in picture and sync integrity but it's about the best you will get for an easy set up.

Hmmmm That is a good point.. I'll check around and see if I can find a monitor I can set up on a truck for him to view.. That would probably be the best.. even at 720p I think he would be fine..

Has anyone had any experience live broadcasting on YouTube?

Thank you for your help.

Without a doubt I second the HDMI route. Many producers also enjoy watching on video goggles, a more pricey route but the Zeiss Cinemizers are nice video goggles that you connect by HDMI.

Live broadcast to YouTube is an option but is going to be flakey. Unless you're able to connect high-speed wifi your stream will have hiccups.

HDMI out is definitely going to be the most professional and reliable route.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robinr076