Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Sun shade for iPad

Be careful with the Hoodivision, it uses very strong magnets. I used one once and got it too closet to my Phantom and it really fouled up the magnetic compass. going velcro from now on, no more magnets for me!

Problem with the Hoodivision is that the people who run it must be crazy. They don't have any stock of anything except bright pink and they keep advertising that they have a new model coming but no photos or description of it. I emailed them over the weekend and they replied saying they'd have all the new info up on Monday. Well, that was a couple of days ago which in cyber shopping language is a very long time. If they want to play in the international marketplace they need to sharpen up their skills......... a lot!! How many people will have looked at their site a few times, seen nothing change and gone and purchased an alternative elsewhere. They only sell one product, surely it can't be that hard to do it properly??

Reactions: Lucan
Hey guys I bought a summit link one pretty decent the only thing is the hood is really supposed to be used with a phantom "the mounting setup" you can use it with the inspire remote but it also goes into were the iPad goes so you loose about 1/8 in thickness so the I pad is not against the plastic piece anymore the hood is behind the iPad so you have to make sure the I pad is really clamped in.

Hey guys I bought a summit link one pretty decent the only thing is the hood is really supposed to be used with a phantom "the mounting setup" you can use it with the inspire remote but it also goes into were the iPad goes so you loose about 1/8 in thickness so the I pad is not against the plastic piece anymore the hood is behind the iPad so you have to make sure the I pad is really clamped in.
I searched for Summit Link--can't find it. Can you provide a link?

ugh--sorry NEJO. Missed it above..LOL.
Do you think it would work with a NVIDIA shield? All it mentions is iOS.

You could probably adapt it to it is it larger not familiar with its size? Quarter inch larger wld wrk but not much smaller without some mods as in "cutting it and such"

I bought this from SurftoSummit on Etsy. It works pretty well, but there is a small gap on top of the screen due to the Inspire Device holder.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/209134858/
Adam, I like this one. The metal and the magnets in the description made me wince a little. Obviously you'd have mentioned if you had an issue with this, so I will have to get over it. I like supporting Etsy folks too...I think this might be the one if it will fit my NVIDIA shield. Thanks, man.

Hi all. I make an iPad sun shade called the iShade - 2 customers of mine just mentioned that they use it for FPS UAV. The UAV world is new to me, but they really like the iShade. Anyway I though I'd show it to you guys. I released this in Jan 2015 and I'm still trying to get the word out that this exists. Here is a link:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/220650772/ishade-fpv-sun-shade-and-privacy-screen?

Attachments

• IMG_2015.JPG
    IMG_2015.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Hello DJI Pilots. We would like to share the great attributes of our PadHat shades and dispel some of the erroneous rumors about HoodiVision and our magnetic shades.

We have sold 1000s around the world and our business has increased exponentially since we introduced our new PadHat in mid-February.

Magnets: The magnets in the PadHat are less powerful than the magnets in the iPad itself. They are the same magnet bar as in a Smart Cover. We have sold 100s to DJI pilots and the only example about magnetic interference is on this thread. Perhaps it was coincidence or other problem?

Velcro: We also have velcro versions for cases. One pilot on this thread for some reason that was never explained in the comment or to us trashed the velcro version on another thread. We have sold 100s of the velcro version to DJI pilots to rave reviews and repeat buyers.

Supply: We were discovered en masse by UAV pilots the first of the year. At that time we were getting ready to present our new PadHat model but the port strike in Los Angeles prevented materials from arriving and they stayed on the boat until March. We found a small amount of materials in the US and produced as many as possible.
We finally received our materials and a large production run will deliver next week

NVIDIA Shield: The PadHat Hybrid Mini works with NVIDIA Shield.

iPad Air & iPad Mini: We recommend the magnetic PadHat Air and PadHat Mini for most DJI pilots. At approx. 3 Ounces our shades are by far the lightest on the market and even more important they actually work by blocking 100% of reflection and glare. No other shade for DJI pilots we know of and have tested can claim the same.

Reactions: sirnikolas
Hello DJI Pilots. We would like to share the great attributes of our PadHat shades and dispel some of the erroneous rumors about HoodiVision and our magnetic shades.

We have sold 1000s around the world and our business has increased exponentially since we introduced our new PadHat in mid-February.

Magnets: The magnets in the PadHat are less powerful than the magnets in the iPad itself. They are the same magnet bar as in a Smart Cover. We have sold 100s to DJI pilots and the only example about magnetic interference is on this thread. Perhaps it was coincidence or other problem?

Velcro: We also have velcro versions for cases. One pilot on this thread for some reason that was never explained in the comment or to us trashed the velcro version on another thread. We have sold 100s of the velcro version to DJI pilots to rave reviews and repeat buyers.

Supply: We were discovered en masse by UAV pilots the first of the year. At that time we were getting ready to present our new PadHat model but the port strike in Los Angeles prevented materials from arriving and they stayed on the boat until March. We found a small amount of materials in the US and produced as many as possible.
We finally received our materials and a large production run will deliver next week

iPad Air & iPad Mini: We recommend the magnetic PadHat Air and PadHat Mini for most DJI pilots. At approx. 3 Ounces our shades are by far the lightest on the market and even more important they actually work by blocking 100% of reflection and glare. No other shade for DJI pilots we know of and have tested can claim the same.
I swear by them!

I have the standard mini pad hat and pad hat Air. I can't say I'm completely satisfied. The sticky part is weak and even a slight breeze blows it off. I've added Velcro but in order to avoid putting the Velcro on the front face of the iPad, I have it stick to the back. I also use a thin case to protect the iPad which still allows for the magnet above. But that pulls the pad hat angle too far down.

I don't know what the pad had Velcro is like, but if the regular one had longer side tabs with Velcro that could reach around to the back that would be great. Now I'm stuck modifying $70 worth of Pad Hats.

I don't think the magnet causes any interference, but I haven't done an A/B comparison.

I like that they are very light and I can fold them up, squeeze them in the case and off I go. I don't like that the only color they had in stock at the time for my Mini was green :-/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth