Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Tapfly & Gimbal control

Reaction score
On page 20 of the manual it states
"Enable the sticks to control the gimbal inside the DJI GO 4 app, and users can control the gimbal’s orientation via the remote controller. When the sticks is in use, gimbal will automatically change into free mode. At that time, use the right stick (Mode 2) to control the pan motion while the left stick the pitch motion of the gimbal. Scroll the left dial to control the ight speed of the aircraft."

Does this work for you guys, doesn't seem to work for me, am I missing a setting I need to enable?
Thanks!

On page 20 of the manual it states
"Enable the sticks to control the gimbal inside the DJI GO 4 app, and users can control the gimbal’s orientation via the remote controller. When the sticks is in use, gimbal will automatically change into free mode. At that time, use the right stick (Mode 2) to control the pan motion while the left stick the pitch motion of the gimbal. Scroll the left dial to control the ight speed of the aircraft."

Does this work for you guys, doesn't seem to work for me, am I missing a setting I need to enable?
Thanks!
Great question, I'd love to know how to gain control of the gimbal using the sticks rather than the wheels when flying with one person/controller. Anyone have any tips?

It's not very clear in that bit at all :( - it might need the second controller as under that paragraph it says you can still use the control sticks to control the flight, and elsewhere that it'll exit tap fly if you pull down the pitch stick for three seconds. That doesn't sound like they're controlling the gimbal to me!

If you're after that sort of functionality, I think you can use spotlight pro in tapfly. Or get a second rc & cameraman

I can verify that with two person operation the slave controller moves gimbal with the sticks. I'll test tomorrow see if I can get it to work with one person tapfly.

Hi guys, so I chatted with DJI for about two hours about this. In the end they said it should work automatically when the controller is in mode 2, which is how I operate. They told me to recalibrate everything ( controller, gimbal, imu, compass) honestly I'm leery of doing the imu I always hear not to do it online except as a last resort. I feel like this is a software glitch, recalibrating the IMU wouldn't do anything. I'm not sure that Tapfly is working correctly on my machine either. On my Mavic it's very smooth. On the I2 when I turn the left stick the I2 stops forward motion and rotates then continues in the new direction.

NickU, if in this mode as a single operator the right stick would only pan the camera so holding back on the stick would end the Tapfly. The left stick would control tilt. I probably need more practice but using spotlight pro with tapfly on a shot that reveals what I'd want to track would be tough to capture smoothly.

F3honda4me, If you have the time, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

Thanks everyone!

Gave it a quick try for this afternoon, the sticks controlled the aircraft, not the gimbal. I could move the gimbal pitch with the wheel, but didn't manage to get the gimbal into free mode, so the gimbal yaw was fixed with the aircraft heading.

First time I'd used tap-fly and I've got to say I much prefer full manual control!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez