Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TB48 Battery Issue

Reaction score
So, I have a TB48 with about 28 cycles on it. It seems to fully charge and looks right as far as uniform voltage in each cell.

When I put it in the bird and look at the firmware status it says ABNORMAL. The message says after the flight to fully discharge and then fully charge the battery or I may have an issue during flight.

I fully discharged the battery in the machine until the machine cut off and no lights on the battery. I then fully charged it. All cells are reading max voltage and even. When starting the bird it has the same Abnormal message by Firmware status telling me to discharge and re-charge.

Any ideas?

So, I have a TB48 with about 28 cycles on it. It seems to fully charge and looks right as far as uniform voltage in each cell.

When I put it in the bird and look at the firmware status it says ABNORMAL. The message says after the flight to fully discharge and then fully charge the battery or I may have an issue during flight.

I fully discharged the battery in the machine until the machine cut off and no lights on the battery. I then fully charged it. All cells are reading max voltage and even. When starting the bird it has the same Abnormal message by Firmware status telling me to discharge and re-charge.

Any ideas?
Please use the search function on the forum (simply typing in the word 'abnormal' into the field will give numerous results). You will see this issue has cropped up many times before with no concrete solution.
Many just ignore the message and fly anyway whilst closely monitoring their cell voltage/balance.

Reactions: Probass
update battery firmware and stop problem.
Maybe I am missing something .. I thought the battery firmware updated automatically after updating the bird and controller? Is there a separate procedure for the battery firmware?

Maybe I am missing something .. I thought the battery firmware updated automatically after updating the bird and controller? Is there a separate procedure for the battery firmware?
No there isn't. The battery updates at the same time. Then after you insert each battery thereafter. Ignore the post above.

Reactions: Probass

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fivafi