this so called fly away ?

Yah sorry for stepping all over your thread . My data looks a lot different. As my flight does show her responding to my inputs as well as her own **** thoughts of how the flight should go. I did land at supposedly 10ft elevation. Any luck with DJI yet? I'm still gathering my thoughts and data. My hands have almost stopped shaking now .

Hey Eric!!
I guessing you might have had a bad compass calibration..
Ya I know I say this a lot but more than likely this is what happened..
I did see the news about the solar flare but I would think that would have effected all your flights that day not just the last one..
You've had way too many successful flights and you say you calibrate every other battery..
I suggest only calibrating your compass if you move to a new location or if you notice your instruments aren't reading correctly..
I personally refer to how my inspire fly's and not what the mod values are because I believe if you have a malfunction these numbers won't be accurate.. That's just me..
Turbo...

Reactions: NEJO/Wisconsin
GPS reception was particulairy bad today. Even my car nav lost it this afternoon.
I'm not a fan of the compass dance and IMU cal every time. It has nothing to do with fly aways. Only with overall stability and nose direction.
Another reason for a fly away could be a bad battery cell or battery connection, causing the MC to reset.

Thanks for the info. First 80 flights I would do the dance every time, every battery, then just the first flight of the day and or new location. The last couple of weeks I've been relying on my sensors mod values and was enjoying rock steady flights since .17 FW issues have been resolved. I had 0 issues with the last FW and until now the latest whatever .3 FW has been smooth as well. I've always used the pilot app as my checklist starting from upper right and working my way to the left.

Yes compass can cause fltaways !!
I've had it happen!!
I challenge you do do a bad compass calibration and see what happens..
Try your rth and see if it fly's back to you or off in another direction...
Nose direction pointed incorrectly will make it fly that direction..

Reactions: NEJO/Wisconsin
First thing I checked was the K index it was still in the green... I didn't look long as I've had plenty of smooth flights in the yellow. (4+???)

I was showing 14-16 satellites full bars all morning.

Could have pinged me today and flown with you.
Sorry man I checked if you were on and you weren't at the time. It would have been nice to have had yah there to witness it. The flight record shows all the thousands of inputs I gave her but it really just doesn't capture the oh poop factor! I took a video in MOV. I'm converting it now to upload it.

Every time I'd give zero input she'd go sideways. It really doesn't show how crazy she got.

All right. I might fly like a scared newb though. When and where?