Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Thumb Twitch Anyone?

rmb

Reaction score
Website
overexposures.net
I don’t know if anyone else has experience this but sometimes when I’m trying to do precise flying I get a bit of a twitch that makes it hard to fly precisely. Wondering if anyone else gets this and if there is a different stick or pad that might help alleviate that.

There is quite a few different ways to hold the sticks pal, Some people use tx trays and pinch the stick etc. Do some googling and see if a style out there could help you manage better :)

Are you sure it is yourself and not the gps when flying in gps mode too though first?

I had to stabilise a shot recently as i filmed a rower and the drone twitched in gps mode as he past just for a second. I usually fly atti all the time but i was nervous on this occasion as it was so below zero and my reactions were not fast as i suffer from poor circulation.

You should try flying in Scotland at this time of year! I’m lucky if I manage to move my fingers never mind control them!

Reactions: NickU and giumick
Hey, thanks for this! I think the tray sounds like a good idea. Also was thinking about a rubberband solution to provide a bit more resistance.

Its horses for courses pal, Just see what style are out there and test a few. Ive always flown standard thumbs on but other swear by pinching etc, Hope it helps for you :)

You should try flying in Scotland at this time of year! I’m lucky if I manage to move my fingers never mind control them!

Ive flown their a few times and winter once pal,Im boarders really anyway so the cold is the same lol

I don’t know if anyone else has experience this but sometimes when I’m trying to do precise flying I get a bit of a twitch that makes it hard to fly precisely. Wondering if anyone else gets this and if there is a different stick or pad that might help alleviate that.
Do you have the problem when you are trying to do something like soldering a wire? You can check with a doc but It is called Essential Tremor. It is worse when nervous. Look it up.

Thanks. I think honestly that out of over intensity I find myself pushing down a little to hard on the stick so when I move the stick I am pushing too far and then over correcting. Also I like that idea more than the Essential Tremors diagnosis ;)

Thanks. I think honestly that out of over intensity I find myself pushing down a little to hard on the stick so when I move the stick I am pushing too far and then over correcting. Also I like that idea more than the Essential Tremors diagnosis ;)

If Essential Tremor, there are some things that will help. That is why I suggest you look it up. You can also increase the expo on the controls.

Understood. I have increased them and it does help. It was also suggested that there are 3rd party stick extenders that have a soft touch (rubberized maybe?) top, but I have yet to find them.

Understood. I have increased them and it does help. It was also suggested that there are 3rd party stick extenders that have a soft touch (rubberized maybe?) top, but I have yet to find them.

There are a number of Tx trays on the market. Look for one that supports your hands. I have found that helps the most. Or you can build one. See image below.

Attachments

• il_340x270.1240294070_koh5.jpg
    il_340x270.1240294070_koh5.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 20
Thanks but I can't take credit for it. That is a pic from the Internet. I bought one like it with aluminum shoulder 'hangers' for flying turbine jets but there was no name on it and I can't remember where I got it. The metal shoulder hangers are great because they are much better at distributing the weight more comfortably than a strap. But if you have the dreaded finger 'twitches', the hand supports on the side of the Tx make a big difference. It wouldn't be hard to make one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez