Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Trackers

Bought a pair of boom mounts as well as a rear mount from blade. Very happy with them. Thanks again!

What do they cost? I can't seem to find the price on that link.

Blade strike . How is this test coming along for you? It's been awhile and I'm quite anxious to try out another option that was suggested..

1. Cost for just the transmitter is 258.04 USD
2. Cost for just the receiver is 258.04 USD

PACKAGE WOULD BE $516.08 less the batteries of course..

*****Here is something i came across that I will be trying myself[emoji6], and costs much less..

PAYMENT FREE GPS TRACKER! What I like about this option

1) pay once and use unconditionally

2) No boundaries with WiFi and cell tower communications. Although I'm sure it can be modded and setup with a cell capable transmitter also.. Save that for the techs lol

3) No license required to operate.

4) you can slip into the deepest woods without worrying if you have data or cellphone coverage. Question that remains is proper installation and location for GPS????

5) Liking the ability to punch in the coordinates on any given product that has gps capability and still be able to track on the fly.

6) The only con I'm sensing is battery usage. Should you have a very lost bird it may take a day or two to get your bearings set and zones correct..

http://www.bigredbee.com/zc139/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=72&products_id=199

Last edited:
On my phantom I used a Garmin GTU 10(great device and soon to be sadly discontinued), and loca8tor(I found it to be basically junk and unreliable). On my soon to arrive Inspire I am going with the trackimo and marco polo rc version.

I've also backed a kickstarter for Stonetether, which looks like it may very well be the king of bluetooth trackers and it definitely will be getting tested as soon as it arrives.
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...mallest-tracking-device-at-long-r/description

Last edited:
View attachment 693
Got my Trackimo yesterday. Tested it. Works great. Weighs nothing. Awesome Android app (can't test iOS). Web interface is awesome. Can send SMS alerts or email with MANY options. $130 for unit plus 1 yr of service. After that it's $5 a month for service. RAD.
No wacky fly-away or strange mishap will have me losing my bird. So relieved.

Hi. just got my Trackimo. have you had any issues with regards where you have positioned it due to magnetic fields from battery??

Hi. just got my Trackimo. have you had any issues with regards where you have positioned it due to magnetic fields from battery??
So sorry to reply late..just seeing this now. No, I have had no issues like that. I strap it on, and ping it with the Trakimo app (android) before I take off, and it always shows up in the app within 15 seconds.

For flyaway recovery, I plan to get the Drone Mods UAV Locator. It is just a bit heavier and (considering service plan) more expensive than the lightest, cheapest option (Trax), but actually works. I can speak from experience that the Trax system is too unreliable for practical use.
I use the Marco Polo as it has more than a mile range and no monthly fees.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I also use the Marco Polo... ;)
Assuming I don't have a total fly away and the app map updates till it's down...
...I feel pretty confident (with the testing I have done) that I will locate the remains...
That said...RTH is your friend... practice using it... turn the RC off (if need be) to get it coming in the right direction...
Flying over woods and farm fields in the Midwest US... you gotta have a plan B to find it... if it goes down...
Needle in a haystack comes to mind when flying over such terrain... :eek: :oops:

Reactions: mdomeny
I also use the Marco Polo... ;)
Assuming I don't have a total fly away and the app map updates till it's down...
...I feel pretty confident (with the testing I have done) that I will locate the remains...
That said...RTH is your friend... practice using it... turn the RC off (if need be) to get it coming in the right direction...
Flying over woods and farm fields in the Midwest US... you gotta have a plan B to find it... if it goes down...
Needle in a haystack comes to mind when flying over such terrain... :eek: :oops:
Marco Polo is a great secondary tracker for when you have a flyaway that's close,but if your i1 decides to spread it's wings you'll wish you had a rf-v16 or a trackimo on board. .
if you're super tricky put a strobe on board so if all else fails you can fly over and find it..

The Tagg GPS Plus Pet Tracker costs $184.40 to $204.40 for the hardware plus 1 year service ($89.95 purchase which includes two months, $14.95 activation fee after two months, plus a minimum of $79.50 for the remaining ten months if purchased on an annual plan basis, $99.50 if month to month). Monthly service beyond that is either $9.95 month to month, or $7.95 if you purchase service in a yearly block.

That is 84% to 104% more expensive for the hardware and 1 year service than the $99.97 Trackimo, and 59% to 99% more expensive per month beyond that for a unit that works only in the USA (Trackimo works worldwide).

The Tagg GPS Plus Pet Tracker weighs 1.3 oz (1/10th oz less than the Trackimo) and it is highly praised in the site's online reviews.

Still think I'm going to go with the Trackimo. Less than 3 grams heavier than the Tagg, or 1/1000th the weight of the Inspire 1 - not significant.

These are old numbers. I have 2 TAGG pet trackers. One is on the i1 all the time, and the other is on the dog when not in use. When in use I stick it on the P3A. So for me its dual purpose. I paid 60 bucks for both pet trackers new. Each was 80 per year for activation. (no activation fee) TAGG uses CDMA, which was a must in my neck of the woods. I have no GSM ability near me. I can find the TAGG pet tracker from my phone by just texting or hitting the locate button. Very easy and when its done on the P3A it goes back on the dog.

Reactions: PB30X
Guys just got the new iCare tracking system. Will be doing some test this weekend. I will post a review once I'm done.
GPS tracker aeromodelling - Drone - slope soaring - model airplane GPS - Optimal Tracking

Curious to hear your opinion and review on the iCare[emoji6]!

**May bite the bullet on the Garmin Astro*( https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/on-the-trail/dog-tracking-training/astro-/prod89564.html) as I've met up with hunters that use them on a daily basis for their hunting dogs.. Just a little concerned about the size of the transmitter(size reduction and battery). Either way, this is my last and final resort as I'm sick and tired of unreliable cellphone and data issues in the back mountain and non coverage areas... Totally unreliable! I will however do a review as I will be stripping down the transmitter for a DRONE MOD (Trial&Error)! For those that would be interested stay tuned..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airlineoffice