Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Tripod Mode - a note in user manual that I didn't know about it

Reaction score
Website
www.portlandprodrones.com
Tap the icon in the DJI GO 4 app to enable Tripod Mode. In Tripod Mode, the maximum flight speed can be adjusted in DJI GO 4 app and the braking distance is reduced to 10 ft (3 m). Responsiveness to stick movements is also reduced for smoother more controlled movements.

Only use Tripod Mode where the GPS signal is strong or light conditions are ideal for the vision system. If GPS signal is lost and the vision system cannot function, it will automatically switch to Atti mode. In this case, flight speed will increase and the aircraft cannot hover in place. Use Tripod Mode carefully.

Page 23 or User Manual

Tap the icon in the DJI GO 4 app to enable Tripod Mode. In Tripod Mode, the maximum flight speed can be adjusted in DJI GO 4 app and the braking distance is reduced to 10 ft (3 m). Responsiveness to stick movements is also reduced for smoother more controlled movements.

Only use Tripod Mode where the GPS signal is strong or light conditions are ideal for the vision system. If GPS signal is lost and the vision system cannot function, it will automatically switch to Atti mode. In this case, flight speed will increase and the aircraft cannot hover in place. Use Tripod Mode carefully.

Page 23 or User Manual

If GPS is lost in ANY mode the craft switches to atti mode, unless you are in opti , or am i missing something ;)

Reactions: MrTVR
I think what it means is the speed will return to normal. If you're moving slowly in tripod mode and you lose GPS then you probably won't be expecting the throttle response to increase.

Page 23 or User Manual

When they say "Vision system," does this still come into play with all the Object Avoidance turned off? I turned off OA on day one and never looked back. I have used Tripod Mode about a half dozen times with no issues. Interesting.

Page 23 or User Manual

Yes, I’ve experienced this. Flying low down a (vacant, dead end) street in tripod mode. Have the settings pretty low so I can use most of the stick range with minimal response. Then went under a tree and lost gps signal. It clicked right into atti mode and accelerated accordingly. Definitely something to be aware of and prepared for at any time.

Thanks for bringing this up!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drbhutaniclinic