Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

U.S Gov. to require drone registration

I don't really think insulting and generalizing someone based on where they live is a productive way to start a conversation about an important issue. I see it too often in threads like this. We're all in this hobby together. We need to try to work together if we have any hope of preserving it.
All hope of preserving it is gone get it through your liberal head You and seatlle should really consider moving to north korea You might be happier there

I don't really think insulting and generalizing someone based on where they live is a productive way to start a conversation about an important issue. I see it too often in threads like this. We're all in this hobby together. We need to try to work together if we have any hope of preserving it.

You are absolutely right, in my defense, I am a typical Seattle resident.
But keeping with the topic, I wholly agree with sensible regulation of unmanned aircraft being passed properly through the legislative branch, being enforced by the executive branch, and followed up with prosecution of violators so it can be interpreted by the Judicial System. This announcement by USDOT contains no outline for how they intend to implement any of this.

I also find it funny, dude generalizes and insults the entire US and you take no offence, but I talk negatively about Seattle and you jump to their aid.

Joola, Its all good homie!

Heated topics are subject to heated debates, I take nothing personally over the net. Seattle is a great place, it just seems to be filled with so many dissatisfied people who take no appreciation for all the good that they have.

Trying not to highjack the topic, who is organizing the first protest and Anthony Foxx's house? We should see how many aircraft we can stack over his property.
Oh and anyone find it suspect that the mayor from North Carolina now running USDOT is contracting out all the work for implementation to companies in that state?

Out of the 200 countries you can fly your UAS in, only 1 is attempting to require mandatory registration. Scare tactic mentality wins. I mean this is all painfully obvious as a knee jerk for non issues given the Predator they put atop every article referencing civilian UAS use.

Case in point :
Task force will mandate drone registration process - CNNPolitics.com

It is the same if we wanted to talk about kitchen knife legislation and top every article they put a image of a bloody Kbar.

As the dust settles more and more on this issue the more I predict the DOT's half *** solution will backfire and cause more headache and burden throughout the industry.

This will be a tough enforcement and just within 10 minutes of typings this post I have already created several loopholes in this mandate that will cost everyone grief. Monetarily and legislatively.

This was a bad execution on a good intended rule.

Not being a Debbie Downer on registering drones and I will follow the mandate but I am merely voicing a realistic concern that history has shown that it will bite them back in return and it will be a big bite.

I'm impressed someone of your age can troll so hard. That's typically a young man's talent.

Trolling my A#4 I watched a lot of good men die, in Vietnam including my neighbors people that I grew up with defending your freedom to speak your stupid mind and place us in an unconstitutional police state their registering you, limiting tech available to you. dont you get it. your drone is already registered, Get a fricking warrant thats the way it works in a free country. Your just creating a suspect list of potential criminals including you obviously, A list to go down of suspected criminals, Next you will have to register as a potential pedophile, you may fly over children playing. get a life.

I agree no one should be called out for where they live or in any other discriminatory manner. Productive debate should not include insults period. If real solutions to problems are sought, creating a defensive posture in someone you would ask to consider an opposing opinion is never successful. That said I am confused as to how registration holds people accountable and where the line of government intrusion is drawn. If registration is a prerequisite to accountability imagine how many things truly require registration. Our country seems to have never been so polarized as to whether the government is here to act as a provider, supporter, and as a direct result a redistributior of wealth while removing a proportionate amount of freedoms or as an entity to unite, protect, and simply govern that enables and protects our freedoms. We all own many things that used improperly could harm others. Should we have to register everything that meets that standard? Once we do that how far are we from random check points, already here for DUI, and random intrusions to enable enforcement of registration requirements. How does it not lead to similar requirements on other personal property to not only allow for control but also aid in formulas for redistribution. The tragedy is situations like this follow a historically clear path where all intrusions are small and can be debated to be of righteous intentions however when each small intrusion and removal of freedom is added together they always equal a loss that even the most ardent liberal supporters lament.

I totally agree

Look how many children are killed each year by some careless dog owner, there is hundreds of examples justifying your every point. Well said, what else can be said, nothing, Lots of very good, loyal Americans have fought and died for the concept of freedom, that some cant even perceive and they are willing to so carelessly give up and toss away, never knowing the sacrifice, or even what it means.

When freedom fails, good men rot in filthy jails, and those that cry appease, appease are hung by those they try to please.

Trolling my A#4 I watched a lot of good men die, in Vietnam including my neighbors people that I grew up with defending your freedom to speak your stupid mind and place us in an unconstitutional police state their registering you, limiting tech available to you. dont you get it. your drone is already registered, Get a fricking warrant thats the way it works in a free country. Your just creating a suspect list of potential criminals including you obviously, A list to go down of suspected criminals, Next you will have to register as a potential pedophile, you may fly over children playing. get a life.

While I respect your stated service, where does one persons freedom start and anothers end? You obviously feel that freedom to you means you can do whatever the hell you want whenever you want, screw the rules. We are FREE to do what we want. Does that mean I have the right to park my car with 10,000 watt speakers in front of your house and play Snoop Dog all night long? Where does my right to listen to shitty music as loud as I want start, and your right to sleep peacefully in your bed end. With Freedom comes responsibility, unfortunately lots of people lately have been flying their UAS irresponsibly. Should that be ignored because of freedom? Paranoia about the government is quite popular these days. It seems that the government is the smartest, and dumbest entity in the universe at the same time according to two separate groups of people. They can listen to every phone call made by every person in the world at the same time, yet they can't seem to make a healthcare website work right for over two years. My friend, you are going to die a miserable person if you keep giving the government more power in your mind that they have. Will UAS registration do what they want? I don't know, They will make some money, hire more FAA workers, and come out with new rules after the election. By the way, they keep track of everyone on every blog as well. Good luck with that.

While I respect your stated service, where does one persons freedom start and anothers end? You obviously feel that freedom to you means you can do whatever the hell you want whenever you want, screw the rules. We are FREE to do what we want. Does that mean I have the right to park my car with 10,000 watt speakers in front of your house and play Snoop Dog all night long? Where does my right to listen to shitty music as loud as I want start, and your right to sleep peacefully in your bed end. With Freedom comes responsibility, unfortunately lots of people lately have been flying their UAS irresponsibly. Should that be ignored because of freedom? Paranoia about the government is quite popular these days. It seems that the government is the smartest, and dumbest entity in the universe at the same time according to two separate groups of people. They can listen to every phone call made by every person in the world at the same time, yet they can't seem to make a healthcare website work right for over two years. My friend, you are going to die a miserable person if you keep giving the government more power in your mind that they have. Will UAS registration do what they want? I don't know, They will make some money, hire more FAA workers, and come out with new rules after the election. By the way, they keep track of everyone on every blog as well. Good luck with that.
Yup that's right. ..
Just because some people aren't using common sense and are flying in places they shouldn't doesn't mean I want the government to police everyone. .
there are ways to handle those Rouge pilots without widespread regulations as we've seen..
surely they can figure out how to catch the dummies flying near airports and aircraft. .
the fact that the government needs to listen to all forms of communication shows how out of control they are..
the Patriot act is malarkey used against anyone they want including US citizens. ..
Anyone with half a brain knows who the real terriosts are..
the fact they call their efforts a task force should bring up a red flag..
the people who like the government are probably on the pay roll and will do what they are told to get a paycheck. .
people will do anything for money...anything. ..
That includes destroying ,exploiting and raping the earth and it resources. .
as long as people get paid they will justify anything ..
I'm not religious but when the pope addressed the Congress and laid it out people didn't listen and it's still business as usual. .
we are doomed to fail ..it's just a matter of time ..
anyway. .
treat people, animals and the earth how you want to be treated. .
everyone is out for their self and that's it..

I can go out and swing my fist's in the air all day, I have a right to do that, the moment my fist's come in contact with your nose my rights end and yours begin, You to are obviously a social liberal using , comparisons that have no relevance, of course you dont have the right to go out and blair music at your neighbor, you have the right to set in your house though with your 10,000 watt speakers and knock your own eardrums out, who cares, as far as I am concerned that is your right. How on earth do you come up with something so stupid, and think that it is logical. Do you think I care and cower in the corner scared of your gods that wish to rule your every move, Have you heard of the first amendment, you use it quite liberally, as long as you think that the powers to be likes what you have to say, you are safe from persecution, and I am supposed to be scared that I will be persecuted for what I say, I have threatened no one my friend. Do you find freedom to be a threat, and do you find responsibility in only the government, not your self, or any one else in the human race. Not to worry it will be hard flying your camera, cowering in your closet. Good luck with that.

Yup that's right. ..
Just because some people aren't using common sense and are flying in places they shouldn't doesn't mean I want the government to police everyone. .
there are ways to handle those Rouge pilots without widespread regulations as we've seen..
surely they can figure out how to catch the dummies flying near airports and aircraft. .
the fact that the government needs to listen to all forms of communication shows how out of control they are..
the Patriot act is malarkey used against anyone they want including US citizens. ..
Anyone with half a brain knows who the real terriosts are..
the fact they call their efforts a task force should bring up a red flag..
the people who like the government are probably on the pay roll and will do what they are told to get a paycheck. .
people will do anything for money...anything. ..
That includes destroying ,exploiting and raping the earth and it resources. .
as long as people get paid they will justify anything ..
I'm not religious but when the pope addressed the Congress and laid it out people didn't listen and it's still business as usual. .
we are doomed to fail ..it's just a matter of time ..
anyway. .
treat people, animals and the earth how you want to be treated. .
everyone is out for their self and that's it..

Hey TDP

I see that I am not the only one that cherishes freedom and knows exactly what is going on,
You are right on the money with your thinking thank you for that, Freedom is not free, we have to be vigilant every minute and not get confused, there hopefully will be an awakening of those with the mental illness of liberal thinking, and we can still save the country, it does not look good though, this debate over this issue, is reflective of the insane split in thinking and where this is going to lead us as a people, community and civilization, You can be free and you can be responsible both, some can not grasp that concept. It is something that I got to witness and live even though then it was only an illusion. Our freedoms were slipping as our parents slept. It is in our face now and is condoned, our children will pay the price, Those that are lost to the entitlement will relish the moment, as it to will be short lived also, as was our great country.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Is there something we need to be doing here in the US legally now? I just hear a bunch of chatter on the news and have tried to get through everyone talking about individual rights, etc....but is there something on the books now that says we have to register legally? I purchased my Inspire back in January. Thanks for any solid information about this.

Is there something we need to be doing here in the US legally now? I just hear a bunch of chatter on the news and have tried to get through everyone talking about individual rights, etc....but is there something on the books now that says we have to register legally? I purchased my Inspire back in January. Thanks for any solid information about this.
And does every 10 year old need to register the flying toy they got for XMas or does it go by age, size of the bird, cost of the bird, how many props, how high or far it can fly or ??????

And does every 10 year old need to register the flying toy they got for XMas or does it go by age, size of the bird, cost of the bird, how many props, how high or far it can fly or ??????
It's just been proposed that you have to register. They are now drafting the law with industry support to see who has to register.

I'm all for personal freedoms but there is way too much risk in the operation of these quads to not have some sort of licensing or registration. It sucks that registration won't help the majority of airspace violations but it's a start. It will cover people that ram their drone into property or persons as the serial can be traced back.

You guys have to understand that if this was something that didn't need regulation it wouldn't be landing on the white house lawn.

Reactions: Midnightrider
Its probably going to be like the Clinton *** weapons ban where they have a list of manufactures
and models that will need to be registered as I cant see them wanting the kids $100 drone on the list.
If they go by name brands then its time to build your own without the branded name.
Most of us know this is just another way to get your $ as I'm sure it will cast to register or will it just be another feel good law.
Any law or registration wont stop the idiots from doing damage just like gun laws.

Its probably going to be like the Clinton *** weapons ban where they have a list of manufactures
and models that will need to be registered as I cant see them wanting the kids $100 drone on the list.
If they go by name brands then its time to build your own without the branded name.
Yeah it's hard to say what it will be narrowed down to. If it ends up being like a firearms ban maybe only select parts would be targeted like flight controller or transmitter. That way it's not tied to a particular style of vehicle. Similar to how an upper receiver is the "gun" on an AR-15.

Reactions: Black Sky
Yeah it's hard to say what it will be narrowed down to. If it ends up being like a firearms ban maybe only select parts would be targeted like flight controller or transmitter. That way it's not tied to a particular style of vehicle. Similar to how an upper receiver is the "gun" on an AR-15.
The lower receiver ;) is the gun and if you make your own its legal and no serial numbers or registration is needed. :D

"Registration should be required....people need to be held accountable."

Typical Seattle resident. You know how many firearms I have sold from out of state?
I594 is a joke and another example of wildly unenforceable legislation. .
Keep supporting laws that have no impact on the issues they are attempting to control, other than to turn responsible citizens into criminals.

Go to 3rd and Jackson and tell me we need any government time (City, County, State, or Federal) wasted on trying to enforce wackjob legislation. You should be more concerned about the blood filled hypodermic needles that litter your whole city rather than whats flying around.

Uhh okay buddy....except we arent talking about gun control or drug problems....

Cool story though need more dragons

I also said registration should be required, I dont ever recall saying I agreed with how they were going about it

Last edited:
Reactions: turbodronepilot
I'm thinking soon after this registration BS is in force they will also require you to have PLPD
insurance to fly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla