Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Ultra light copter

Reaction score
I want to build and ultralight tri,quad or hex copter. I would like to have at least a flight time of half an hour and a camera feed to a screen i have. I want to limit myself to a 200 pound build and alredy have the radio so wont be needing one og them. Anyone got any suggestions??

I want to build and ultralight tri,quad or hex copter. I would like to have at least a flight time of half an hour and a camera feed to a screen i have. I want to limit myself to a 200 pound build and alredy have the radio so wont be needing one og them. Anyone got any suggestions??

Wouldn't we all?! - I think you need to rethink your budget! In order to get that sort of flight time (30mins plus) with a craft that can carry a camera/payload/FPV and batteries you will be looking at some powerful motors which are able to swing very large props. Large props will be needed to give you the flight times you are after at relatively low RPM. Since you want to build as lightweight as possible you would be looking at CF props.

This means that you will probably be looking at 20inch plus

4 decent 20" CF props alone will cost you more than £200 !!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44