Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

V1.9.1.10 FW available June 13th 2016

Don't panic, they just added the soccer stadiums hosting the european soccer cup... there were some press articles around that subject a few days ago...

Reactions: The Editor
There will be a time that people can hire my Inspire wich still runs on the third version of updates.:D;):)

Reactions: The Editor
I encountered a compass error in the middle of a flight a few weeks ago. I've read a few others have had the same issue.
I was really hoping this issue would be addressed.

Oh how I wish for another company to compete with DJI. We are not talking about label printers here. Issues in flight can cause a flyaway and.....
Guess I am preaching to the choir here.

Perhaps it is one of those so called "silent" fixes and the issue was really addressed in this firmware? One can hope.

Third version is so long ago, I don't remember it...
Here is something for you to remember;)It runs without any problems.Never had an issue or compass error.Sure it hasn't all the things in later versions,but I'm happy with it.And all the updates beeps I don't miss them.:)

Reactions: slim.slamma
mBe8k_dQvFVrOnmQeR4yh9T2LOVMZJD2GbHcw_N_m8I

I have had a trouble 2 times. The sensors bellow my Inspire Raw get a error so on auto take off it climbs about 6-8 meters and you are asked to land asap. I just shut the Inspire off and then on again and both times its been fine. I dont fly much indoors so right now its not a big deal. I checked the sensors but there is nothing obstructing them. Just wanted to let you know if any got this issue or any one know if there is a bug in the update that can be fixed. Sent a report to my tec. contact at DJI in China now and hope to hear back soon.

All else is fine and working perfect. Made about 5 flight over the last 2 days after update and got this error twice but all flight has had no issue and its steady as hell so no other issue.

Has anyone updated to 1.9 yet? I don't want to, but I also feel the need to update. In case of any failure with 1.8, don't need DJI to say, "Oh you should of been up-to-date with our firmware's". Anything else new in the firmware, other then the restrictions?

Has anyone updated to 1.9 yet? I don't want to, but I also feel the need to update. In case of any failure with 1.8, don't need DJI to say, "Oh you should of been up-to-date with our firmware's". Anything else new in the firmware, other then the restrictions?

Not updating to the latest and greatest doesn't violate warranty until DJI told you that for a specific technical reason you should upgrade (critical firmware bug or anything like that). But then the fun part would be how they could prove that you were aware of the issue.

Reactions: Markus DeBose
Not updating to the latest and greatest doesn't violate warranty until DJI told you that for a specific technical reason you should upgrade (critical firmware bug or anything like that). But then the fun part would be how they could prove that you were aware of the issue.
A red message would appear on your FPV indicating "critical update required" unfortunately,you wouldn't have a leg to stand on in regards to informing DJI you didn't see it.

Considering the "great service"DJI will give,you don't need to update.I haven't update in over 1 year and nothing happened to my Inspire.I think most of the accidents or failure's comes from the pilot himself.So warranty is woth nothing in that case.
I can tell you that the urge to update will go away after awhile.Another good thing is you know how yor Inspire works instead of hoping that every new update will work out well.

Is there a way of viewing restricted areas before you go there rather than just find out your in one, I know common sense should prevail if you know your near an airfield etc. but would be good to verify before you travel.

Reactions: Arjen de Vrij
I updated the firmware earlier this week because the app asked me to. Without even thinking about it, I shut the drone off, slapped the BIN file on the SD card, and fired the drone back up. After a few seconds, the camera made a sharp turn to the left (about 45 degrees) and then the app showed critical error. The errors read something like:

(this isn't a snapshot of my screen, but one that looked similar that I was able to find)

http://www.inspirepilots.com/attachments/image-jpg.1205/

I was immediately concerned. However, I let the firmware update continue. The camera re-centered itself, the errors disappeared and it completed. Because I'm super paranoid, I shut down the drone, powered it back up, and checked to see if it would begin the firmware update again. It did not. I then checked the log and saw nothing but "success." I then put firmware 1.8 back on the card, attempted to downgrade, and got the same behavior. I downloaded a fresh new copy of 1.9, updated again, and same behavior.

After doing some research, I found out that I shouldn't have left the RC on..... Oops... But even if I shut the RC off and attempt it again, I still get the odd behavior of the camera. Has anyone else experienced this? I have yet to fly it since the update.

I got be same problem. Exact same errors. I don't know how to fix this problem either. I updated the drone just last night.

I updated the firmware earlier this week because the app asked me to. Without even thinking about it, I shut the drone off, slapped the BIN file on the SD card, and fired the drone back up. After a few seconds, the camera made a sharp turn to the left (about 45 degrees) and then the app showed critical error. The errors read something like:

(this isn't a snapshot of my screen, but one that looked similar that I was able to find)

I was immediately concerned. However, I let the firmware update continue. The camera re-centered itself, the errors disappeared and it completed. Because I'm super paranoid, I shut down the drone, powered it back up, and checked to see if it would begin the firmware update again. It did not. I then checked the log and saw nothing but "success." I then put firmware 1.8 back on the card, attempted to downgrade, and got the same behavior. I downloaded a fresh new copy of 1.9, updated again, and same behavior.

After doing some research, I found out that I shouldn't have left the RC on..... Oops... But even if I shut the RC off and attempt it again, I still get the odd behavior of the camera. Has anyone else experienced this? I have yet to fly it since the update.

Just got to let it sit for a while

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeatriceFo