Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

V1.9.1.10 FW available June 13th 2016

Really if you don't know this you honestly shouldn't be flying? But tx is your transmitter or (controller) and rc is your reciever (inside the bird). This goes for any r/c out there.
Radio control=rc, isn't, sorry but I"ll keep on flying inspaite of my un....
Thanks sir

Reactions: lrh111
I encountered a compass error in the middle of a flight a few weeks ago. I've read a few others have had the same issue.
I was really hoping this issue would be addressed.

Oh how I wish for another company to compete with DJI. We are not talking about label printers here. Issues in flight can cause a flyaway and.....
Guess I am preaching to the choir here.

Perhaps it is one of those so called "silent" fixes and the issue was really addressed in this firmware? One can hope.

I too got this the other day. I took off, just like I had been doing, ascended after a 30ish second hover, and once I cleared some tree in front of my yard I got a compass error 'Please Exit and re-enter P mode" or something similar to that was the error message. Very strange indeed.

After many flights, 1.9 seems solid for me. Anyone else having issues?
100% good to go here... I've had issues back with FW ????.17. Experiencing unexpected compass errors going from GPS to atti, and a couple 45 degree full power "whatever you want to call ems". Since I've stopped calibrating my compass unless the Mod readings required it and moving her didn't help (usually fixes it), I've had zero. Oh and I don't move her around before taking off and after powering up.

Reactions: Kevin Cabral
100% good to go here... I've had issues back with FW ????.17. Experiencing unexpected compass errors going from GPS to atti, and a couple 45 degree full power "whatever you want to call ems". Since I've stopped calibrating my compass unless the Mod readings required it and moving her didn't help (usually fixes it), I've had zero. Oh and I don't move her around before taking off and after powering up.
So are you saying you think this new 1.9 FW fixed your in flight compass errors?

Reactions: arcaine25
Maybe there were silent fixes DJI has done, without putting them in the release notes? I've been hearing they reduced signal range. That's total BS lol. Not true. I had a few compass errors with 1.8, and it happened randomly during flight. 1.9 so far seems solid to me. Stable in the air, doesn't drift. Seems good.

Reactions: JoeyJoe
Maybe there were silent fixes DJI has done, without putting them in the release notes? I've been hearing they reduced signal range. That's total BS lol. Not true. I had a few compass errors with 1.8, and it happened randomly during flight. 1.9 so far seems solid to me. Stable in the air, doesn't drift. Seems good.

I might try 1.9 then, although it's not listed as a fix, because my Phantom 4 is 100% more stable than my Inspire 1 V 2.0 is when hovering in the exact same location, minutes apart from each other (testing to see if it's just environment). Not to mention I have a terrible horizon drift / tilt issue after banking a turn. it does straighten up eventually, but it doesn't "snap back" like my Phantoms do. Aside from that though, I couldn't be happier with my Inspire.

So are you saying you think this new 1.9 FW fixed your in flight compass errors?

Uncertain if it's my checklist/procedures or if it's been through FW. I haven't had issues with the past three FW updates. Both my V1 and Pro are flying solid (for inspire's). My friends P4 is noticably more stable.

Only thing I noticed with 1.9 is the battery health dropping 1% every 4-5 charges. It's crazy. A friend of mine is on 1.6 firmware. He has 50 charges and the health reads 100%. Not sure if that's accurate or not. I have a TB48 battery with 25 charges, now it reads 94% health. I should of stayed on the older firmware :p. However, the 1.9 is solid though lol. I guess DJI is making us lose battery health quicker for us to buy more batts

Only thing I noticed with 1.9 is the battery health dropping 1% every 4-5 charges. It's crazy. A friend of mine is on 1.6 firmware. He has 50 charges and the health reads 100%. Not sure if that's accurate or not. I have a TB48 battery with 25 charges, now it reads 94% health. I should of stayed on the older firmware :p. However, the 1.9 is solid though lol. I guess DJI is making us lose battery health quicker for us to buy more batts

Battery health reading has been removed from the iOS version of the Go App. It's only an algorithm for "guessing" it's health, and not a true health reading. Just like you said, the prior firmware isn't showing a battery as degraded as the "new" ones, but it has to do with the Go App, and not firmware. It's basically just a gauge for guessing more or less where the batteries health is. This happened to me on my Phantoms after a DJI go update, and that is when I first noticed it )several months ago) and researched quite a bit on it.

Battery health reading has been removed from the iOS version of the Go App. It's only an algorithm for "guessing" it's health, and not a true health reading. Just like you said, the prior firmware isn't showing a battery as degraded as the "new" ones, but it has to do with the Go App, and not firmware. It's basically just a gauge for guessing more or less where the batteries health is. This happened to me on my Phantoms after a DJI go update, and that is when I first noticed it )several months ago) and researched quite a bit on it.
Oh I see. I thought it was related to the firmware. Hopefully DJI updates the android version. Remove the health so I don't need to look at it and cry lol.

Oh I see. I thought it was related to the firmware. Hopefully DJI updates the android version. Remove the health so I don't need to look at it and cry lol.

I was the exact same way, I thought "after 10 charges my battery is at 98 - 97% life remaining?!?!?!?! lol I use Android also, so it's still there, but I just don't look at it anymore. :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool