Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

V1.9.1.10 FW available June 13th 2016

When updating you should never have the TX on. Just put the .BIN File on the SD card and power up. Make sure your battery is charged. When the light on the camera stops flashing between red and green it has completed the update.

Reactions: Eric
When updating you should never have the TX on. Just put the .BIN File on the SD card and power up. Make sure your battery is charged. When the light on the camera stops flashing between red and green it has completed the update.

I think you can repeat this over and over again - mark it <"Jolly"> big red in the manual and release notes - the majority will ignore it and start crying and complaining when they get a 5k paperweight :)

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Also make sure you take the BIN file off the SD card when you are finished upgrading. This will protect you if you power up the aircraft before the remote by accident. I have had this happen in a loud shooting environment and did not do the double tap correctly on the TX and powered up the aircraft thinking the TX was already powered up.

Calm <Edited by moderator> down Unyks. My drone updated the app without me knowing I needed a firmware update. Plus I still don't think that's the problem.

Just got to let it sit for a while
I think you can repeat this over and over again - mark it fucking big red in the manual and release notes - the majority will ignore it and start crying and complaining when they get a 5k paperweight :)

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Isaac
This update has fixed numerous problems regarding x5 gimbal stability that firmware 1.8.. has plagued me with rolling shutter even while idling on the ground.
This update also aids in better color balance and color science, general camera stability and flight performance improvements.
Seams to eat a little more battery life during flight but worth the update.
For those using d-log, NOT WORTH IT! Role with profile "None" and apply a 3D-LUT for rec-709 video in post. DJI hasn't fixed their color science in that regard.
Lucky flying all!!

Reactions: Eric
Updated AC from 1.5.00.30 to 1.9.1.10 last night. After a good while I got a very loud beeping from (I'm guessing) the ESCs followed by a fail tone (text file confirmed failure). Replaced 1.9.1.10 on the SD card with 1.8 and got the same loud beeping but with the DDDD tone, so I let it sit for a few minutes. Then got the Success tone, so put 1.9 back on the SD card and updated again. Success. Updated other 4 batteries and 2 controllers without problem. Calibrated IMU and RC. Re-calibrated the compass at the flying field and flew 5 batts this morning.
On the first flight the bird would keep climbing even after I let go of the throttle. Same for descending. At one point it shot up real fast after I gave just a little throttle. I landed safely, and suspecting a dodgy RC calibration, re-did it. No problems from that point on. Flew like a dream, although I did get the "Propulsion Restriction" warning every time my battery neared 30% and I gave full throttle (I don't mind it, was just interesting to note). Flew all batts down to 0% for calibration. Didn't fly long distance (450m max LOS), and got the "Weak Transmission" message followed by a cut out of video stream, but it returned within seconds (we're pretty used to that kinda thing).

No complaints, just wanted to share. Happy updating brave souls:D

Updated today and no problems or issues with update process. Test flight was flawless.

X5 issues have been making themselves appearant recently. Updated, I hope it fixes them. Only issue updating was in the results file. It said it was "identical to or older than current FW...." And the results also show its FW_V01.08.01.00. Dispite the bin file being correct. Went to the about page (after proper beeps, and resetting power and turning my TX on ;-)) and all looks correct for this version (AC FW V01.09.01.10). I will test tomorrow. Prolly shouldn't now, after the 2nd whiskey I just had ;-).

X5 issues have been making themselves appearant recently. Updated, I hope it fixes them. Only issue updating was in the results file. It said it was "identical to or older than current FW...." And the results also show its FW_V01.08.01.00. Dispite the bin file being correct. Went to the about page (after proper beeps, and resetting power and turning my TX on ;-)) and all looks correct for this version (AC FW V01.09.01.10). I will test tomorrow. Prolly shouldn't now, after the 2nd whiskey I just had ;-).
Sorry for the question, but can you explain what is the TX?

Yes RC would have worked too. 15 years of AC (aircraft) maintenance... A lot of abrievations used in the career. Your remote control is most definitely a transmitter :)
Thank you so much, in my pocket 26 years of real helicopter piloting, sorry for not familiar with those abrievations.
Thanks again

Yes RC would have worked too. 15 years of AC (aircraft) maintenance... A lot of abrievations used in the career. Your remote control is most definitely a transmitter :)
And a receiver! (Telemetry, + Video).
And confusingly, the AC (aircraft) has both a receiver and a transmitter (Lightbridge) in it as well!

Sorry for the question, but can you explain what is the TX?
Really if you don't know this you honestly shouldn't be flying? But tx is your transmitter or (controller) and rc is your reciever (inside the bird). This goes for any r/c out there.

Really if you don't know this you honestly shouldn't be flying? But tx is your transmitter or (controller) and rc is your reciever (inside the bird). This goes for any r/c out there.
I say ******** ;-)

I guess that a majority of the users here do not know the terms RX and TX and as far as I remember they are not even mentioned in the manuals. The times are over where you have to solder, flash eeproms and manual configurations of a fc, nc, or GPS boards and where you sit down and learn all the nerdy terms to get not dissed in a forum :)

Chris

Calm <Edited by moderator> down Unyks. My drone updated the app without me knowing I needed a firmware update. Plus I still don't think that's the problem.
I'm sorry, that was no offense, forgot the irony tags..

Chris

I say ******** ;-)

I guess that a majority of the users here do not know the terms RX and TX and as far as I remember they are not even mentioned in the manuals. The times are over where you have to solder, flash eeproms and manual configurations of a fc, nc, or GPS boards and where you sit down and learn all the nerdy terms to get not dissed in a forum :)

Chris
Yeah with a doubt it's taking me alil getting used to build confidence in a craft I didn't build

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop