Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Vertical Studio - Looking for Beta Testers

Hi Inspire Pilots,

We’re Vertical, a start-up in the Bay Area and we're looking for beta testers for our app Vertical Studio.

One of our biggest problems with aerial video was that filming landscapes and panoramas is easy, but filming close-up shots of stuff in action is ridiculously complicated. Only the most professional studios with large drones and camera crews seem to be able to film those sweet complex action shots.

So we've built Vertical Studio. An app for DJI Inspire and Phantom 3 that lets you film all those difficult tracking shots with a simple touch interface. How do we do it ? Well, we use some nifty computer vision software we’ve been building for over a year and pack it all into your Android or iOS device so you can auto-track anything your drone sees - without any GPS or tracking beacons. Just click on stuff in your video feed and let Vertical Studio handle the rest.

The best way to explain Vertical Studio is probably with this video.

If you’re interested in beta testing, we’d love it if you could head over to our website (Vertical - EPIC Aerial Filming) and take a minute to sign-up for either the Android or iOS beta. It will help us better manage our beta tests. The Android beta is available now, but the iOS beta should be ready in a few days.

And if you have any questions or initial thoughts about Vertical Studio, do let us know in the forum or email us at [email protected].

Cheers!
Neil
www.vertical.ai
Neil,
I I had a little trouble at first getting my app to launch and connect to the Drone but now it is working perfectly. So far the tracking on the target is absolutely amazing. I tried it out today for the first time and it's very nice. The target was never lost during a 10 minute flight. I can't wait to put it to the test. So far a big thumbs up

Reactions: Neil Mathew
Neil,
I I had a little trouble at first getting my app to launch and connect to the Drone but now it is working perfectly. So far the tracking on the target is absolutely amazing. I tried it out today for the first time and it's very nice. The target was never lost during a 10 minute flight. I can't wait to put it to the test. So far a big thumbs up

Thanks so much for the time you've taken to test and give us feedback so far :) I would encourage you to push the software to it's limits. Try to break tracking and see where the limits of the software are. What we're really interested in finding out is whether tracking will work well enough for real complex shots and if not, I'd love to know your thoughts on what major improvements we should focus on. It'll help us prioritize our work and keep progressing :)

Thanks!!

Neil, would this be an appropriate tool for thermal tracking? I have several Police departments that are using my Thermal/Optical platforms and I have been asked by them if it would actively track a subject using thermal imagery?

Respectfully
Ralph

Im signed up, but no email?..
Just checking. Have you received an email from us now ? We don't send out emails right after you sign up - mainly because we're controlling a limited private beta and sending out emails in small batches to make sure we can help each new user with any issues they're having. We recently sent out a batch of invites so let me know if you have received your invite - if not email me at [email protected] and i'll sort it out for you :)

Thanks so much for the time you've taken to test and give us feedback so far :) I would encourage you to push the software to it's limits. Try to break tracking and see where the limits of the software are. What we're really interested in finding out is whether tracking will work well enough for real complex shots and if not, I'd love to know your thoughts on what major improvements we should focus on. It'll help us prioritize our work and keep progressing :)

Thanks!!
You got it my friend!! I can definitely do that. I have a Poker Run this weekend and the atv's will be multiple and moving fast so this should be a great test. Will post my results.

Got my invite today downloaded app but asking me for invitation code? can find one in any email, any ideas, installed on Iphone 6 but on ipad is a testflight icon , unless you need an invite for each device

You need to click on the "Start Testing" button in the email you get - that will give you an activation code. Then you need to install Testflight from the AppStore and hit "Redeem". Enter the activation code there and it will install the app. Let me know if this works!

Neil, would this be an appropriate tool for thermal tracking? I have several Police departments that are using my Thermal/Optical platforms and I have been asked by them if it would actively track a subject using thermal imagery?

Respectfully
Ralph

The tracking software should work decently on a thermal image as well. I know someone who tested VS on a Matrice and it worked so if you have access to a Matrice with the FLIR add-on - perhaps you can try and see if VS works. We haven't tried it yet. That being said we're working with a few industrial clients to build similar applications so if you reach out to me at [email protected] we can chat further about it.

The tracking software should work decently on a thermal image as well. I know someone who tested VS on a Matrice and it worked so if you have access to a Matrice with the FLIR add-on - perhaps you can try and see if VS works. We haven't tried it yet. That being said we're working with a few industrial clients to build similar applications so if you reach out to me at [email protected] we can chat further about it.
OK sure thank you man I will email you soon as I have a lot of interest in this thanks for getting back with me.
Respectfully
Ralph

Latest version of testflight. Date settings accurate.
I tried again, starting from the email and received a new number on the webpage and this one works! Perhaps the first time I got a cached page?
Thanks for the help!

Glad it worked for you. The issue, I think, is that the "Start Testing" button in the email from Apple is pretty inconspicuous so a lot of folks aren't hitting the button to get the invite code. You need to hit that button for every new device I believe - but you can use the same email address to do it.

Hi Neil,
happy new year.
I am not able to download the app to my tablet.
Tablet is a Samsung 8.4 with Android 5. I always get the following:
Vertikal Studio wird demnächst auf deinem Gerät installiert.

But it doesnt do that.
What do i wrong??
Regards
Heinz

[email protected]

Once Again: Why cant i install VS on my tablet???????????????

Thanks for an answer.

Sure I can help you with the installation. Can you send me a screenshot of what you see on your Google Play Store page at [email protected]. You should see a "Download Vertical Studio" button and an "Install" button. Perhaps the app is installed but you can't find it ? The app logo is the same as our logo here with a tiny "DJI" logo embedded inside.

mgHvzK6.png

Did I miss the Inspire 1 beta e-mail list? waiting... :D do not forget me Neil :)
Definitely not :)
Just checking did you receive an invite ? We just activated DJI Inspire for Vertical Studio on iOS and sent out a new batch of invites this week. Let me know if you received it. It's an email from iTunes directly and you can find it using this information.

The sender email is: [email protected]

The subject line is :
TestFlight: Perceptiv Labs Inc. invited you to test Vertical Studio

Hope this works! If not, let me know.

Hey guys,

Vertical Studio Beta for iOS now fully supports DJI Inspire 1 with the X3 camera. Does anyone have an X5 camera ? We're hearing mixed reports from people saying it either works or does not work with an X5. Can anyone confirm ?

Thanks!!

You need to click on the "Start Testing" button in the email you get - that will give you an activation code. Then you need to install Testflight from the AppStore and hit "Redeem". Enter the activation code there and it will install the app. Let me know if this works!
I did installed on y Iphone But i need another invite to test on ipad which is my main device

still no email to test this? anything special I need to do. Signed up on two different accounts, and no email. ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide