Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Video Convertor

Reaction score
What video convertor are guys using to convert finished and edited videos.

For example using FCP X 4k video finished after colour grading etc exported in mov.

What convertor to convert to mp4 ,etc?

Whats most efficient video format to export in that will play on most devices,web etc

Adobe Premiere Pro has defaults for YouTube 4K and tons of other common outputs. I usually use those but bump up the mbps setting to 60mbps and check the "max render quality/depth" check box. PP handles the I1 raw files gracefully and just does the right thing.

Not having to do fisheye lens correction from my P2 GoPro days has cut my typical render times down to minutes vs many hours before. I'm pretty happy with PP and the Inspire.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
I usually just export a high quality 1080p file straight from FCPX. It has the encoding tools that you need built right in. 10-20mbps at 1080p usually looks very good when uploading to video sharing sites. After you've exported the h264 file, a mov .mp4 and .m4v are all basically the same file with different extensions and should play on most devices these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
I usually just export a high quality 1080p file straight from FCPX. It has the encoding tools that you need built right in. 10-20mbps at 1080p usually looks very good when uploading to video sharing sites. After you've exported the h264 file, a mov .mp4 and .m4v are all basically the same file with different extensions and should play on most devices these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nate
Thanks.
What about exporting 4k?
Also what about exporting 4k to save to external sd card to send to client/play on tablet?

Nate
Thanks.
What about exporting 4k?
Also what about exporting 4k to save to external sd card to send to client/play on tablet?

I just looked in Final Cut, and you might need compressor to set up those more unique video encoding jobs for direct output. I was able to set a 4K H264 setting with a variable bitrate, and the program recommended 20,000 to 30,000kbps for web streaming and computer playback respectively. Compressor is a nice companion program for $50 as you can set up many destinations for your master files.

Another program I use from time to time for more awkward encoding requests like .webm or the new HEVC codec is the iSkysoft Video Converter. It seems super sketchy, but it works great!: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iskysoft-video-converter/id630467499?mt=12

You should be able to use either of these programs to export a file to SD card (make sure it's fast enough), but without knowing which tablet you're looking to display it on, it's hard to say exactly what format or file extension to use, or if there are any bitrate, resolution or codec conflicts. Do you have a specific model in mind? There's usually a spec sheet that shows what it can play.

I just looked in Final Cut, and you might need compressor to set up those more unique video encoding jobs for direct output. I was able to set a 4K H264 setting with a variable bitrate, and the program recommended 20,000 to 30,000kbps for web streaming and computer playback respectively. Compressor is a nice companion program for $50 as you can set up many destinations for your master files.

Another program I use from time to time for more awkward encoding requests like .webm or the new HEVC codec is the iSkysoft Video Converter. It seems super sketchy, but it works great!: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iskysoft-video-converter/id630467499?mt=12

You should be able to use either of these programs to export a file to SD card (make sure it's fast enough), but without knowing which tablet you're looking to display it on, it's hard to say exactly what format or file extension to use, or if there are any bitrate, resolution or codec conflicts. Do you have a specific model in mind? There's usually a spec sheet that shows what it can play.
Nate
thanks a lot for taking time out to share your knowledge.

Im looking to play back footage on external sd card on Nvidia Shield linked by HDMI to 4K Television.

Looks like I will give compressor a shot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool