Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Video transmission loss

Reaction score
Cheers guys,

Is there any shortcuts to geting a flawless video transmission between your Inspire 1 and your tablet monitor? Regardless of the distance between my drone and my RC/iPad monitor, I get frequent loss of video signal, which can last for several second, before it returns. I do have control of the drone, but the video feed keeps going out.

Please, anybody have suggestions?
/Tille,

Are you flying in different locations or same launch spot when these issues occur. Do you see your transmission bars drop or dip when the interruption happens? Are there towers or other EMI influences that might be causing issues? If you hover in place does it eventually happen or only when you are moving.

I just got an Inspire 1V2. With no foliage on the trees this time of year, I get the same distance and video quality as my Phantom 4. No video drop. I'm sure there are many transmission extender options but I can't see having to get one for my setup.

Cheers guys,

Is there any shortcuts to geting a flawless video transmission between your Inspire 1 and your tablet monitor? Regardless of the distance between my drone and my RC/iPad monitor, I get frequent loss of video signal, which can last for several second, before it returns. I do have control of the drone, but the video feed keeps going out.

Please, anybody have suggestions?
/Tille,

First off I suggest you try changing the fast-mounting gimbal port cables (part 17) - only a few £ / $.

I tried various things that you will find suggested if you search in the forum but in the end changing the cables did the trick. I also noticed that DJI have modified the cables with some sleeving which I assume is to make them more robust.

It's necessary to remove the nose cone first but not too difficult, link to video below.

Good luck.

Reactions: jkerrins
Are you flying in different locations or same launch spot when these issues occur. Do you see your transmission bars drop or dip when the interruption happens? Are there towers or other EMI influences that might be causing issues? If you hover in place does it eventually happen or only when you are moving.

I just got an Inspire 1V2. With no foliage on the trees this time of year, I get the same distance and video quality as my Phantom 4. No video drop. I'm sure there are many transmission extender options but I can't see having to get one for my setup.

JKerrins,
Are you flying in different locations or same launch spot when these issues occur?
A: So far I have only flown at one location.

Do you see your transmission bars drop or dip when the interruption happens?
A: Hmmm... I haven't payed any attention to that at all. Will investigate nest time I fly.

Are there towers or other EMI influences that might be causing issues?
A: No Towers in vicinity. Though, I have some wind mills near by...

If you hover in place does it eventually happen or only when you are moving.
A: It happens intermittently, sometimes I hover and sometimes I move. Though, I will pay close attention to this next time. Thanks.

A: The video feed loss occur both when the drone is nearby and at longer distances from my RC. Thanks for posting reply!

JKerrins,

A: The video feed loss auccur both when the drone is nearby and at longer distances from my RC. Thanks for posting reply!
First off I suggest you try changing the fast-mounting gimbal port cables (part 17) - only a few £ / $.

I tried various things that you will find suggested if you search in the forum but in the end changing the cables did the trick. I also noticed that DJI have modified the cables with some sleeving which I assume is to make them more robust.

It's necessary to remove the nose cone first but not too difficult, link to video below.

Good luck.

Simon, thanks for reply. I will keep this option open if all other measures fail. I have a X5 camera mounted on the drone. Is the "Part 17" viable for that sensor as Weil?

thanks for sharing that video. The I1 I bought recently actually had one of those tiny little plastic tabs where X3 mounts to broken. Doesn't look that tough to replace

Simon, thanks for reply. I will keep this option open if all other measures fail. I have a X5 camera mounted on the drone. Is the "Part 17" viable for that sensor as Weil?
Yes the cables are the same - it's just a different vibration board for the X5. You'll need to remove this as well.

@ OP - I1v2 showing same error since most recent FW update. Ok so FW has been published for years, and I’ve managed to fly clear until this. Same error, (multiple RC’s/Cables/iOS devices) function fine on an identical unit (running I1v2 Second-to last published FW update). Interesting eh? Cheers.

Reactions: TilleTeamM

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Integratedretail