Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Video Warning- Serial Numbers

Reaction score
When you're graciously making your videos now, be sure to mask the serial numbers of your craft. They have been used to gain access to the pilot app without actually owning your inspire serial number. I don't know if that figures into any kind of DL allowances, but it's never a good idea to broadcast SN of anything. Use caution.

Reactions: Hovtech
My Inspire1 has been shipped and would like to download app ahead of time. On Iphone 6 plus it asks for SN. Above said downloaded without SN. Any advise or have to wait. Also anyone using Ipad mini original version. Not mini 2 or 3. Whats the best apple product for Inspire 1. Thanks for any advise.

My Inspire1 has been shipped and would like to download app ahead of time. On Iphone 6 plus it asks for SN. Above said downloaded without SN. Any advise or have to wait. Also anyone using Ipad mini original version. Not mini 2 or 3. Whats the best apple product for Inspire 1. Thanks for any advise.

iPad Air 2

c3761337d733557fcfdd5f1820f495b9.jpg

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Thanks rtb,
That looks just right. Great screen. Retina should be good in sunlight. Looking at now. Have you tried the balance with the Lanyard. Will it balance well.

I have the same setup as RTB. It balances ok, it's a tiny bit top heavy, but it's definitely doable. The screen is amazing, and is actually usable in broad daylight, even without a hood.

I also have iPad Air 2 and found that I had to tighten up the screw that holds the screen at the desired angle because the iPad's weight allowed too much "give" and was tipping over. But this was easily fixed.

As many know, the iPad Air 2 is supposed to have a better anti-glare coating. But this article suggests that it isn't much better than the past in terms of overall image quality.

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/10/27/ipad-air-2-mini-3-displays/

Works well with iPad Mini latest generation, iPhone 6 plus, and Cinemisers :)

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    890.2 KB · Views: 18
Can somebody tell me the difs between the Ipad generations? We have an Ipad 1 and 2 and 5S Iphones.

But we've never heard of an "air". I'm going to guess its a retina display but with extras. Do retina displays really make a significant visual difference when using it to film/fly? The glare/craft speed/distance from eye, etc seem to still key this equipment in as a "quick visual reference" and not a real device for navigating no matter what. What I'm saying is that even with the best possible image, with these limitations, you're really only getting a quick POV, not a totally useable reference.

Can somebody tell me the difs between the Ipad generations? We have an Ipad 1 and 2 and 5S Iphones.

But we've never heard of an "air". I'm going to guess its a retina display but with extras. Do retina displays really make a significant visual difference when using it to film/fly? The glare/craft speed/distance from eye, etc seem to still key this equipment in as a "quick visual reference" and not a real device for navigating no matter what. What I'm saying is that even with the best possible image, with these limitations, you're really only getting a quick POV, not a totally useable reference.
You cannot use ipad 2 or iPad mini. Must be iPad Air or mini 2,3.
One, the iPad 2 will not fit in holder
Two, they can't process the video live feed as you need A7 processor (air 2 has A8)
IPhone 5s does work but hard to navigate. .
I tried all 3 above so this is real advice, high latency of video on older i devices makes them unuseable unfortunately.
Have an air2 on its way.

I prefer the mini2 over the air for size weight and picture jmo its balanced perfectly. i like the mini as i can still see it with my polarized glasses on

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry