Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Vision sensor error

Yea that’s going to be my problem. So your still flying with that warning and it hasn’t affected anything,
It flys fine just have the warning on the screen and no vision sensors working. I haven't used the smart modes like tap to fly that rely on vision sensors to not run into stuff.

So it’s not the aircraft it’s the driver on the computer. At least in my case. Do you have windows 8 or 10? I can send you the instructions to disable the driver temporarily to let the comp and the vision system talk. Or on my case I just used a MAC and it worked no problem.

So it’s not the aircraft it’s the driver on the computer. At least in my case. Do you have windows 8 or 10? I can send you the instructions to disable the driver temporarily to let the comp and the vision system talk. Or on my case I just used a MAC and it worked no problem.
I would like the instructions. I'm pretty sure the AC is talking to the PC because everything else works on Assistant2 except the vision sensors. But it doesn't hurt to try a different approach.

The rest of the aircraft can talk just fine, like did as well. It’s something in the vision system that doesn’t talk with the drivers on the windows system.

Well this is just weird. I was able to calibrate the vision sensors on the Inspire2 using the method twrhugger16 sent me. I went outside, powered up the bird and took off. The vision sensors worked, they beeped their warning about proximity to my house and myself I then flew up and around the neighborhood with no vision sensor warnings onscreen. I then switched into sport mode and flew for a few minutes, when i switched back into P-mode to come back towards the house the warning came back on saying Vision Sensor Error and I tested by flying close to my car without the sensors beeping at me. So I guess I have to recalibrate the sensors again?

Well this is just weird. I was able to calibrate the vision sensors on the Inspire2 using the method twrhugger16 sent me. I went outside, powered up the bird and took off. The vision sensors worked, they beeped their warning about proximity to my house and myself I then flew up and around the neighborhood with no vision sensor warnings onscreen. I then switched into sport mode and flew for a few minutes, when i switched back into P-mode to come back towards the house the warning came back on saying Vision Sensor Error and I tested by flying close to my car without the sensors beeping at me. So I guess I have to recalibrate the sensors again?
I have same problem, how did you finally fix it?........

I have same problem, how did you finally fix it?........
I never did fix it, every time I calibrate the vision sensors they work until I switch onto sport mode or land. Then the next flight I get the same error and they don't work.
With my current schedule of projects I can't afford to leave it at a shop for a few weeks. So I just fly it like my Inspire1 and don't expect the vision sensors to avoid a collision.
Hope yours stays fixed after you calibrate it.

I never did fix it, every time I calibrate the vision sensors they work until I switch onto sport mode or land. Then the next flight I get the same error and they don't work.
With my current schedule of projects I can't afford to leave it at a shop for a few weeks. So I just fly it like my Inspire1 and don't expect the vision sensors to avoid a collision.
Hope yours stays fixed after you calibrate it.
very disheartening to hear........I love flying mthis thing in sport mode too......

Dear Sir
I have the exact same problem with the exact steps like Mr. UASguy79. Can you please send me the instructions to disable the driver temporarily, I 'll appreciate the help.
Thank you.

Update: not sure if this was an underlining problem, foreshadowing what just happened but I have close to 150 hours of flight time on this bird without vision sensors. Last weekend was flying some roof inspections for a storm that produced baseball sized hail and on my 3rd inspection for the day the I-2 started to feel weird in flight. It wouldn't hold a position very well even though it showed 16 satellites were locked. Then the app crashed in my iPad I quickly rebooted the app as tge bird went into an RTH it flew back to me "I was only 30'away" and started to descend. At that point I tried to take control of the bird but nothing I did would regain control. The RTH brought it about 10' above my head and it stopped and hovered. I rebooted the controller but it wouldn't link to the bird. Finally after what felt like a lifetime I regained flight control and brought it close enough to hand catch. After I went to a new location away from houses and did some tests. No Telemetry or visual feed on my screen with the IPad, Samsung phone or crystal sky.
I decided to take it in to drone nerds because they are local and they diagnosed the problem as a complete N-core failure. I should be getting my bird back on Wednesday after a heafty $1000 repair bill. I almost bet the Vision sensors will work again.

Im not sure if you have fixed this problem yet but I had the same issue with my I2. What I had to do to fix it was disable driver signing in windows and the reinstall assistant. After that, everything works great.

Im not sure if you have fixed this problem yet but I had the same issue with my I2. What I had to do to fix it was disable driver signing in windows and the reinstall assistant. After that, everything works great.
Yes after replacing the main brain of my inspire2 everything worked as normal. I did get assistant2 to work on all my other dji birds but that one.

OK, so it's actually managing to talk to the I2, so the problem isn't the cable & the switch is in the right place.

All I can think now is that it could possibly be a firmware problem (i.e. a corrupt module or setting for the vision system).
You could try the following to see if they help:

1) Use Assistant 2 to reset to factory defaults, then retry the calibration process.
2) Try reinstalling/refreshing the current firmware on the I2 via Assistant 2, reboot the I2, then retry calibration.

If neither of those work out then if there's a firmware downgrade available, you could try going to the previous version and seeing if you can calibrate. Beyond that I'm not sure there's anything else you can do as an end-user & you might need to talk to your DJI supplier to see if they've any better ideas :(
I have the same problem with my i2 and I have tried to update and calibrate everything 4 or 5 times and it says that they are not working. I'm not going to stress it because I found out that it works just fine.

Same problem here. There are manY cases, so its not that unique.n A em brain caost about 900 euro's. I don't understand why dji dont take some responsibility about it.

Hi NickU, when the AC is plugged in I can see all the flight logs and have used the Assistant2 to refresh the firmware. When I initially open the calibrate window I get the waiting circle for a few seconds then it says to reboot the AC. I turn off the AC and Turn it back on. It connects again but this time all I get is the waiting circle.
I left it connected for an entire battery and it sat there with the waiting circle going around and around.

This is what I've done so far:
deleted the driver, uninstalled the assistant2 program, reinstalled the assistant2 V1.2.0 program.
I'm in a brightly lit room, have the switch on the AC flipped to the computer symbol, I have the original DJI usb to usb cord as well as a new aftermarket cable I bought on amazon Neither work.
i've exact the same issue !!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla