Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What to do with a damaged X5S?

Reaction score
So I pretty much destroyed the camera/gimbal, have replaced it, and am now wondering where might be the best place to extract maximum value from the damaged one. I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure the sensor survived. The arm snapped and all the wiring severed, so it's in 2 pieces.

Does anyone buy and refurbish these? I'd put it up in the classifieds, but I have no idea what value it has.

Reactions: Phil DeVore
Reaction score
So I pretty much destroyed the camera/gimbal, have replaced it, and am now wondering where might be the best place to extract maximum value from the damaged one. I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure the sensor survived. The arm snapped and all the wiring severed, so it's in 2 pieces.

Does anyone buy and refurbish these? I'd put it up in the classifieds, but I have no idea what value it has.
Do you have DJI Care Refresh? If you do then DJI will replace it.

Reaction score
Go on the DJI website and open a repair ticket. Mine looked exactly like yours. Send it to DJI. they will respond with a price to fix it. Mine was only $300 to repair. Works like brand new. Heck of a lot cheaper than a new one.

Reaction score
Go on the DJI website and open a repair ticket. Mine looked exactly like yours. Send it to DJI. they will respond with a price to fix it. Mine was only $300 to repair. Works like brand new. Heck of a lot cheaper than a new one.
I was hoping this would be an option. Thanks for confirming!

Reaction score
Sometimes Florida Drone Supply has used x5s cameras for sale at very reasonable prices. I purchased one from them last year

Reaction score
I buy and refurbish them. Might not be able to give you much but something for sure.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sputnik1985