Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What's a good price for this used I1v1?

Reaction score
I need to step up from my Yuneec 4K Typhoon and have been looking at the P4Pro. Currently only doing pics/vids but looking for the capability to add other imaging solutions. This I1v1 that has been upgraded to support the X5 camera and extended landing gear came across my radar. Do those upgrades essentially make it a v2? What would be a reasonable price for this machine with 100 hours on it? Thanks.

GREAT CONDITION INSPIRE 1 FOR SALE - cost to the right is price if bought new. For sale price will be at bottom. This rig has just been sent in for the recommended maintenance from DJI and given a "No faults found".

Inspire 1 X3 w/16GB micro SD, latest quick release props and new mounting plate ready to hold X5 camera - $1700

Filters (ND16/CP, ND8, ND16, ND32, ND64) - $160

8 batteries (1 TB47, 7 TB48) - $1400 (price of 7 TB48)

Battery heater - $20

3 total chargers - $120 (price of 2 100W chargers with cords)

GPC Landing Mode case - $469

GPC battery case - $150

Extra transmitter for dual operator - $650

Total new today - $4669

I think you would do better splitting some of it up, Inspire 1's with 1 battery and 1 remote are going for $1000 - $1100. Maybe sell the batteries and remote separately.

I won't comment on the whole price since I don't know much about the secondary market for these but I do know:

You can get the ND filters for less than $100 brand new.

I would not buy used batteries unless I definitively knew its history and use. A battery with 5 cycles that's been stored at 10% for 3 months could will be a crap battery despite low cycles and there's no way to truly ascertain that.

GPC Case: Isn't it only $500ish brand new?

I need to step up from my Yuneec 4K Typhoon and have been looking at the P4Pro. Currently only doing pics/vids but looking for the capability to add other imaging solutions. This I1v1 that has been upgraded to support the X5 camera and extended landing gear came across my radar. Do those upgrades essentially make it a v2? What would be a reasonable price for this machine with 100 hours on it? Thanks.

GREAT CONDITION INSPIRE 1 FOR SALE - cost to the right is price if bought new. For sale price will be at bottom. This rig has just been sent in for the recommended maintenance from DJI and given a "No faults found".

Inspire 1 X3 w/16GB micro SD, latest quick release props and new mounting plate ready to hold X5 camera - $1700

Battery heater - $20

GPC battery case - $150

Total new today - $4669

I won't comment on the whole price since I don't know much about the secondary market for these but I do know:

You can get the ND filters for less than $100 brand new.

I would not buy used batteries unless I definitively knew its history and use. A battery with 5 cycles that's been stored at 10% for 3 months could will be a crap battery despite low cycles and there's no way to truly ascertain that.

GPC Case: Isn't it only $500ish brand new?

Just to be clear, the prices listed are what the seller says the items would go for new today. He's asking less than that. I didn't include his asking price because I'm looking for unbiased answers.

Just to be clear, the prices listed are what the seller says the items would go for new today. He's asking less than that. I didn't include his asking price because I'm looking for unbiased answers.

Ah okay. Without knowing the entire history of all the parts, I personally would not pay more than $2000 for everything. That's probably pretty lowball but I would probably pass on all of the batteries and most accessories if I could purchase just the bird and one controller.

Reactions: tpallred

Battery heater - $20

GPC battery case - $150

Total new today - $4669

Did you buy or make an offer?

The seller's original asking price was $3000, reduced yesterday to $2400. After looking at used Inspires here and elsewhere over the past day I concluded that I'd need to educate myself more on them and their camera options before making any choices. So I'm going to back away from this and probably stick with my original plan of getting a P4Pro for now and letting future business dictate other purchases. Thanks, guys.

Reactions: SanCap
The seller's original asking price was $3000, reduced yesterday to $2400. After looking at used Inspires here and elsewhere over the past day I concluded that I'd need to educate myself more on them and their camera options before making any choices. So I'm going to back away from this and probably stick with my original plan of getting a P4Pro for now and letting future business dictate other purchases. Thanks, guys.

A few things when you look again at Inspire 1:

You want the true and complete Inspire1-V2.0 which means:
1. Crosshatch/woven carbon arm pattern and not the "mottled pressed together" older version.
2. Model number of aircraft needs to be T601 (not T600). Radio power increased from 255mw to 1000mw.
3. Remote transmitter needs to be model GL658C (not A or B). Same radio power increase as the aircraft T601 model so they match for best range.
4. Motors read 3510H on top which is a useful (but only slight) increase in power.
5. If two controllers are included, make sure BOTH are GL658C.
6. Many times the newer, higher-end X5 camera can be attached to one of the older models and labeled an Inspire Pro model while still having the oldest collection of the other components.
7. A set of Xoar or T-Motor carbon props are a worthwhile addition.
8. If the seller doesn't mention the above specifics, INSIST he tell you the exact, specific details.

When DJI first came out with the V2.0, they initially shipped a hodge-podge of older parts (cleaning out inventory) with the motor upgrade to the 3510H the only consistent component. A package labeled externally as a V2.0 on the case might contain the new motors, but old arm structure, old low-power internal aircraft radio, and the old low-power GL658A or B controllers.

I concur with advice to not count on the batteries included to be carefully cared for and mentally discount their value at least 50%. You might luck into excellent batteries, or they might be dogs. Generally a pro is meticulous with his batteries, but the person who got it as a Christmas present and only flew it a few times was not.

There are some real deals out there on good Inspire 1s and the latest versions were great.
With the incredibly expensive Inspire 2 prices (batteries, cameras, SSDs, etc.- $10K to fully setup) you can get 90% of the quality and capability for one-fifth the price. Crashing an Inspire 1 is nowhere near the financial setback of the new model.
Jim

I have an I1 V2 (T601 with GL658C controller), very gently used along with X3 and 4 batteries. I'd sell all for $1700. Send me a PM if interested. Just a hobbyist and moved onto somethIng else, this might be a great deal for you or someone else seeking a great preowned one.

2. Model number of aircraft needs to be T601 (not T600). Radio power increased from 255mw to 1000mw.

Aw man, I just noticed i have the "C" controller but a T600 bird (I bought a v2.0). Is there anyway to boost up the radio power to 1000mw by swapping a part or two? I actually don't have much range issues since I used the big antenna on my RC from DBSmods but I wonder if it would make a huge difference?

Recently bought a I1v1 on ebay with 2 controllers, 4 TB47s (2 excellent, 2 just ok), X3, X5 mount installed, quick release props (3 sets), 3 filters (ND8, ND16, P), GPC wheeled case (original case included, also), charger, and a few odds and ends, for $1525 + $14 shipping.
Scout around, I bet you'll find a better deal than what you're looking at.

Ok, I'll take $1350 for mine, see post #12 above for details.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop