Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Whats props you using and why.

What props you using

• QR props

Votes: 40 53.3%
  • Self tightening props with lock

Votes: 32 42.7%
  • Others

Votes: 3 4.0%

• Total voters
I don't have an account set up on one, don't really care to go through all that hassle. I've also tried to do something similar before only to have the selling company just not ship to me (Mcmaster carr) and cancel my order when they realized it was for Canada.

Don't need an account to use a proxy server, there's tons of free ones but you might be right about them not shipping, don't know why they wouldn't sell them in Canada anymore though, makes no sense, lol

cause they are unnecessary and an extra PITA step if you break down and put it together every time you fly. Ive flown lots for over 6 months with zero issues, the only issues ive heard of are due to improperly tightening them before initial flight. Ive flown many flights never using them with no issues at all, performing lots of quick direction changing maneuvers, there is no maneuver you can make that will cause them to spin backwards and loosen them to where they will come off if you tighten them properly while holding the motor. Ive never heard of anyone whos done this have one come lose and ive personally flown over a hundred hours with no issues.
not adding the locks is just plain stupid. If you were say working and had insurance and crashed without that one piece that is a mandatory flight requirement. you would be held liable no isnsurance, u may not be using that for work but what if that one time u mess up in tightening the prop to the correct amount and BOOM you on the news crashing into a little girls face... then why not take 30 sec.... just sayin. having no problems till now is not a excuse its just luck. 30 sec and you have backup....

My Inspire came with the QR props and have seen numerous post on some Facebook groups of the thin metal head breaking as well as just flying off.
QUOTE]
What thin metal head? There is no metal head in the QR props. Only ceramic hub, spring retainer and the carbon injected plastic prop... LMAO

not adding the locks is just plain stupid. If you were say working and had insurance and crashed without that one piece that is a mandatory flight requirement. you would be held liable no isnsurance, u may not be using that for work but what if that one time u mess up in tightening the prop to the correct amount and BOOM you on the news crashing into a little girls face... then why not take 30 sec.... just sayin. having no problems till now is not a excuse its just luck. 30 sec and you have backup....
It's not hard to correctly tighten a prop, lol

I wouldn't use the self tighten props now, simply because they QR ones are known to be better made and properly balanced.

And the QR ones have to be replaced every 200 flights as the cams wear and decrease the locking efficiency of the whole system.
But hey.... whatever floats your boat. I prefer redundancy in any system I put into the air.

Reactions: damoncooper
I'm using the self tightening props with locks, they work...it if it aint broke etc....

My Inspire came with the QR props and have seen numerous post on some Facebook groups of the thin metal head breaking as well as just flying off.
Has me becoming paranoid and thinking of calling the dealer that I purchased it from and getting the old props and prop locks sent to me.
The dealer I got my Inspire from gives outstanding customer service and I am sure will do the right thing in honoring my concerns.
By the way, the dealer Is Peter Ellin of Acesdeals.biz and as I said is outstanding in customer service.
I have squirreled away sufficient for my needs/life of my Inspire :)
I am still on my first set of props with the locks. Is there a recommended service life for the factory props? I only have about 20 hrs on these

Has me becoming paranoid and thinking of calling the dealer that I purchased it from and getting the old props and prop locks sent to me.
The dealer I got my Inspire from gives outstanding customer service and I am sure will do the right thing in honoring my concerns.
By the way, the dealer Is Peter Ellin of Acesdeals.biz and as I said is outstanding in customer service.
I also got my I1 from Peter and would ditto that remark

I am still on my first set of props with the locks. Is there a recommended service life for the factory props? I only have about 20 hrs on these
So am I .....and I have a lot more hours than you clocked up on them :).
Part of my 10 hourly flight maintenance schedule is to inspect the props for stress cracks etc using a bright light source (torch/flashlight) and my pre flight check encompasses a visual check of the props everytime they are mounted on the aircraft.
No problems so far.
As long as you inspect them thoroughly regularly you should get many many hours out of a set. (Barring a blade/prop strike on something).

The only reason I've gone through props is due to my cat chewing through the tips after I left the bird on the floor :)

The only reason I've gone through props is due to my cat chewing through the tips after I left the bird on the floor :)

Common problem......

AU_tigerPlane_Al.jpg

+1 Ditto same for me
I use QR props with a CNC machined metal replacement Hubs instead of the plastic mounts
how would you charge for a set of six (two spare) and shipping to hungary? or providing the file if you do not mind...
but i'll happiely buy from you if it is a reasonable price :)

how would you charge for a set of six (two spare) and shipping to hungary? or providing the file if you do not mind...
but i'll happiely buy from you if it is a reasonable price :)

Hello mdomeny:
I am not the seller of this product nor have any afflation to the company you will to contact the company or just order two sets, my thoughts are you wont need any spares since the alloy hubs will not wear out.
hope this helps you get your answers.

Hello mdomeny:
I am not the seller of this product nor have any afflation to the company you will to contact the company or just order two sets, my thoughts are you wont need any spares since the alloy hubs will not wear out.
hope this helps you get your answers.
hi Carlo,
i was not aware you bought what you have. can you give me a link on where you got yours?
cheers
Martin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont