Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What's with the TB-48 battery problems??

Reaction score
I have FIVE TB-38 batteries that all have failed over the past several years ... all seem to have discharged to destruction due to DJI's monitoring system in the battery causing a drain that eventually destroys Li batteries once they get below a certain level. Some of the newer drone Li batteries now completely disconnect the monitoring system when they get to "storage" levels .. and you have to plug them in to the charger to check the levels again ... Parrot Anafi for one ... Are we still having TB-38's getting destroyed during storage .. It's been several months since I posted this problem ... and two more batteries have now failed ... Grrrrrr ....

I’ll second you there Rich. 2 TB48s bit the dust after latest fw update. DJI RMA now. Optimism for the new year?

I check the voltage of my TB-47's every 3 - 4 weeks. I take off with 100% voltage & start landing at 60% voltage. Land by 50% & store them at that capacity. As you have discovered, lipo batteries continue to lose voltage over time. All lipo batteries need a minimum amount of voltage in their cells or they become unusable.

I have 4 TB 48s. I store them with 50 to 60% and all.my Battters are still very good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg