Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What's your longest range flight so far?

I"ve gotten mine out to 1.9 miles with about 60% battery left to return. The video was down to a couple bars at this range but still had 100% on the transmitter. Probably could have pushed it a little further but don't want to really go crazy until we have a couple more firmware updates.

I have mine limited to 200m. I can't see which way it is facing after that. Must be crazy going to 2Km...

I'm using iOSD, it works just fine. Using ATTI definatley helps as it gives you much higher air speeds with relatively low power consumption. It's not fighting to to hold its horizontal position and when your airspeed increases to 60-70kph your momentum helps you fly straight even in moderate side winds that would otherwise sap battery life in GPS mode.

just wondering who may be attaining flight ranges close to what DJI are advertising the Inspire to be able to fly?

I am very pleased to set the ante at over 2500m! This flight, as you will see in the linked video here I
flew over 5000m return and landed with 47% battery remaining (small battery too!). My only gripe was the Gimbal Jerky shortly after take-off.

Post your videos with the authenticating log book page here.

video would not play..said it was private..why private?

Up until a week ago my best was 2.5km, found a new location to fly which is clear of anything, pushed to 4.6km, stock antennas, lost video feed a couple of times for a few seconds but otherwise
Solid all the way, could have pushed a little further, but battery was at 50%, made it back through a headwind with about 5%.

6,44 km (4 miles) and still perfect signal. Unmodified P3. Crappy Inspire doesn't go half as far.

Attachments

• IMG_7966.PNG
    IMG_7966.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 19
My longest range flight was just over 20,000 ft (3.8 miles or 6.1 km) from controller. I could have probably gone a bit further but high-voltage power lines would have needed to have been crossed and at that distance I feared loss of signal. My controller and I were on a 200 ' hill, and I use the old Mac 1.0.2 Pilot version, and a TB47 battery; there is no cellular reception there and no other homes within miles to give any interference. Video loss for a few seconds was beginning to occur intermittently at that distance. This was a planned one-way flight along a dirt road in a very rural area along a dead-end road. On my return leg, I had to land in the ditch along the road about 1.5 miles short of my home point, making the total flight distance on that battery about 6.1 (3.8 + 2.3) miles. I then retrieved the bird in my vehicle. I am planning another flight in a few weeks, attempting to make 25,000 feet one-way. I must overfly some private property to do this and will need to get permission first. I fly about 100-150 feet AGL to safely avoid potential aircraft, since I'm obviously flying FPV, and so a critical battery auto-land will be possible without power-failure crashing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters