Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Whoa! Headplay

Unfortunately my Headplays arrived on the worst day ever. Our little puppy and best mate Nanook of 18 years had to be put down this morning. So sad.

I quickly tested the Headplays as I wanted to make sure they worked. I'm not sure I'll get out anytime soon to test them with the I1 as my wife is feeling pretty distraught.
Here's a couple of shots I took with my phone of the inside of the Headplays.
Sorry the pics aren't too clear. I wasn't in the right head space...

20150612_184008.jpg

20150612_184025.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: turbodronepilot
Unfortunately my Headplays arrived on the worst day ever. Our little puppy and best mate Nanook of 18 years had to be put down this morning. So sad.

I quickly tested the Headplays as I wanted to make sure they worked. I'm not sure I'll get out anytime soon to test them with the I1 as my wife is feeling pretty distraught.
Here's a couple of shots I took with my phone of the inside of the Headplays.
Sorry the pics aren't too clear. I wasn't in the right head space...

View attachment 2310

View attachment 2311
Thanks for taking the time to post those pix at such a sad time. 18 is a good innings for Nanook my friend.

Nik, I am truly sorry to hear about Nanook. I've been there, having to put down my best friend. His name was Nick. It was, without a doubt, the most difficult and painful thing I have had to do in my life. I know your pain.

Like Tassie said, thanks for taking the time. You're a good man!

I just received my white set of HPs
biggrin.png

FYI: They came with 2 batteries and no charger with a note saying they deliberately left out the charger because it's easy to forget to unplug. That's kind of annoying because I was looking forward to the ease of use with a simple wall charger, but I'll just have to use my bulky Hyperion Duo charger and power supply.

Reactions: sirnikolas
biggrin.png

FYI: They came with 2 batteries and no charger with a note saying they deliberately left out the charger because it's easy to forget to unplug. That's kind of annoying because I was looking forward to the ease of use with a simple wall charger, but I'll just have to use my bulky Hyperion Duo charger and power supply.
Hey DustyVisor. ..
get those babies charged up and give us some more feedback. .
Turb. ...

biggrin.png

Seriously!? :mad:

I'm charging them up now, and I have a couple 3s 1350mAh that I'm going to use too. Gonna try to leave work early to test them out. The paper that came with the headplays recommends something like the EOS 0606i AC/DC Charger

This is really aggravating in a major way! Now, I gotta spend another $110 just to charge the stupid battery? I'm sorry, that's wrong.

This is really aggravating in a major way! Now, I gotta spend another $110 just to charge the stupid battery? I'm sorry, that's wrong.

I agree, what the heck?
So they are not JUST $250
You now need the secret cord, (which does not come)
You now need a charger?

Notice how these two missing items are NOT mainstream, (guys who finally receive them have to discover it on their own)!

I agree, That's Wrong, (how can they not even supply a wall wart)!

I got 2 batteries and no charger with mine. I'm not fussed that I didn't get a charger. It didn't look too crash hot anyway. I went and bought a Hitec X4. I've been meaning to buy a good charger so this was the perfect excuse to buy one.
Fair enough it would have been nice to get the charger too but they've obviously left it out for a reason. The last thing you want is something to go wrong with it. And especially if you live on the other side of the universe like I do.
It's not the end of the world guys. You can pick up charger balancers for under $70 bux. Don't forget that we're already in front with all the money we've saved buying these. Plus, once you try them on, you'll forget all about the charger. Until your battery goes flat :p

I'm pretty sure you can buy a Fatshark charger that would work here or something similar for less than $20 USD. Also there are some guys on other headplay forums that would probably swap your second battery with you for their charger. I may actually do that too because I have a couple other LiPos that work with the head plays. I just want a charger I can throw in my luggage to travel across country or globe. I have enough gear as it is without the bulky Hyperion charger and Power Supply! But i will use the Hyperion to balance charge when at home for sure.

Anyways, I got two flights in after work before I had to tend to the real world, and here are my thoughts:

Overall, awesome display for the price. Very comfortable and I'm very happy with these dorky things! A few minor gripes just to be nitpicky:

- The foam part of the nose made it hard to see the Distance from home and the Azimuth angle on the OSD. I used the thicker foam pads it came with. Maybe the thinner would make it a little easier to see?

- The foam did make my face a little sweaty, but I didn't notice until I took the HPs off since I was so engrossed in the picture. But hey, I live in South Florida so it's to be expected!

- The HDMI micro male was a little hard to get lined up into the female portion. Its not flush with any side so I had to finagle it a little bit. Edit: I used a low profile HDMI micro to plug into the HP side and the HDMI to an HDMI micro adaptor to plus into TX side.

All minor complaints, overall I'm super stoked with the purchase. I'll be testing it tomorrow with friends' quads using the built in 5.8gHz RX.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434164148.046756.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1434164166.828140.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1434164177.694894.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manashiroy