Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Why are there so many people off loading their Inspire 2

The best platform I’ve ever flown was my S900/A2/GH4. This thing was amazing, so stable, powerful, nimble and precise. But it’s also a huge flying thing, flying time limited, the battery charging complicated... I really love the I2. Mine is also rock stable, certainly no less than my P4P, and the camera system is fantastic.

Reactions: mmoguls
No.

No it cannot.

Well I have seen some guys that are really good in post. Perhaps you are not. And I did not say a better camera was not in fact better. But that in post you can make almost anything better. Including a crappy camera. Here on this thread a guy admits his X3 a couple hundred dollar camera works fine. Add in good post production. And you can make it look like the Sistene Chapel.

Kind of like the music industry. A good engineer is worth his weight in gold. Can make you sound like a star.

Reactions: marctronixx
You seem to have a somewhat limited understanding of technical requirements, workflow, budget and client relation. You won’t magically transform your X3 footage into X5s footage in ProRes 422, that’s never, ever going to happen. Your client might be filming the rest of the shoot with an Alexa Mini, or a RED, or a VariCam. Your stuff needs to blend in and this demands a certain quality level, your client, who rents a $100.000+ camera system will not accept the footage from a $1000 cam. He will settle for X5s or X7 but might even ask you to fly his camera with his glass on it...

You seem to have a somewhat limited understanding of technical requirements, workflow, budget and client relation. You won’t magically transform your X3 footage into X5s footage in ProRes 422, that’s never, ever going to happen. Your client might be filming the rest of the shoot with an Alexa Mini, or a RED, or a VariCam. Your stuff needs to blend in and this demands a certain quality level, your client, who rents a $100.000+ camera system will not accept the footage from a $1000 cam. He will settle for X5s or X7 but might even ask you to fly his camera with his glass on it...

That is funny. I know plenty who are still using I1's for work. Getting continued paid work. I know guys that use the M2P. Two specifically, including footage that is used on broadcast affiliate news. Plenty on guys on here still use I1's. And will as long as batteries hold up. I know a guy doing inspections. Has about 60k in his Matrice. Has a guy that works for him. That guys rig. To do the same work, about 4500 bucks. His boss has yet to say your puny cheap rig does not cut it. Will it do as much? No it will not. Will it keep him getting paid, yes.

The I1 has been used for many a TV spot. Funny studios that have 5 and 6 figure cameras managed to get by with little ol 300 dollar X3 footage.

So maybe you are just not that good in post. It is something of an art form. And maybe you need a high dollar camera on auto to do good work. And perhaps if he is running a 100k rig. He is not likely using a guy with a 5 or 10k setup. But hiring the guy with an Alta. Who can fly his glass.

Reactions: marctronixx
You are right, as in the kind for the kind of production I work for I hand out my footage to the DIT.

From what I've gathered, the I2 is designed more specifically for cinema quality work. Not for "other" money making applications requiring specialized lenses.
I would agree it's primary focus & development was Cinema, but I have been intrigued when I've read that so many in small 1-2 person shops and larger sUAV service shops use it heavily for Elec Tower / Power Line inspections and other types of services... where I would think the M210 would be primary.

The I 3 is soon to be released

Hopefully in November for my B-day

An Inspire 3 with a full-frame/medium frame sensor would be insane. It really can be done as they have over $10,000 equipment attachments on the 210s but they are extremely overpriced due to no competition. A full-frame would be at least $4k and a medium frame, they can prob even charge $25k for and people would buy. All they need to do is scale up the Inspire 3 to 2x size and charge $10k for it. I mean, I have no idea why they don't do it when people are paying over $100k for Altas.

Reactions: slim.slamma
An Inspire 3 with a full-frame/medium frame sensor would be insane. It really can be done as they have over $10,000 equipment attachments on the 210s but they are extremely overpriced due to no competition. A full-frame would be at least $4k and a medium frame, they can prob even charge $25k for and people would buy. All they need to do is scale up the Inspire 3 to 2x size and charge $10k for it. I mean, I have no idea why they don't do it when people are paying over $100k for Altas.
It's called a Matrice 600 :D

It's called a Matrice 600 :D
I know but, an Inspire 3 frame would be a lot easier instead of having 6 batteries. I think they also discontinued the M600. They also discontinued the Spark. They discontinued the P4PV2.0. The P4PV2.0 goes for $2k-$3k on Youtube. They've brought back making the batteries though. I assume the orders are so backed up by their clients so it's up to the public to seek getting the drones themselves. The P4 is great for distance captures. The sharpness at range is great compared to all the other DJI drones. I've tested them all and nothing can compare. You get more FOV and a clearer image unless you are shooting at night of course. That doesn't sit still like the M2P. The M2P sits Mega still at night.

I know but, an Inspire 3 frame would be a lot easier instead of having 6 batteries. I think they also discontinued the M600. They also discontinued the Spark. They discontinued the P4PV2.0. The P4PV2.0 goes for $2k-$3k on Youtube. They've brought back making the batteries though. I assume the orders are so backed up by their clients so it's up to the public to seek getting the drones themselves. The P4 is great for distance captures. The sharpness at range is great compared to all the other DJI drones. I've tested them all and nothing can compare. You get more FOV and a clearer image unless you are shooting at night of course. That doesn't sit still like the M2P. The M2P sits Mega still at night.
The M600P is NOT discontinued. Where did u get that information?
The 600 can carry just about anything you may want to hang from it at 35-40 minutes flight time.

Around 16k

Only if fully insured

I meant, the quality of the scene recordings are higher than it ever could be with anything else forever.

Wow, Alta X is better than the 600?
The M600Pro is much lower in price both Retail and Resale.

But different platforms too... they share a common ground in DSLR environment but M600Pro can use a lot of existing DJI cameras and the Alta X can use Lg cinema hardware commonly used with Alta.

The M600Pro can be used as 1 person as well as 2 person, the Alta is made for 2 person.

Alta is a quad, lose one motor/prop and is a rock.

It's still more efficient than the M600 or Alta 8 that carries up to 40lbs. That carries 35lbs. I'm pretty sure it defeats the M600 in everything but of course at a cost. It would be perfect if you could use the DJI Enterprise accessories for the M210 line on it but w/o massive coding, I don't think it would happen.

If we can just combine the best of DJI, Alta, and Skydio we would have the best drones in the world but the world doesn't work this way. The ultimate goal should be how to live long as possible together but of course, this will never work this way unless an asteroid or huge controlled Act of God wipes out 75% or more of the world and only the best 25% that live come together as one and build it up from what was leftover. The controlled Acts of God that have been happening many times since the beginning of Earth. The dinosaurs for example. If we weren't born as a creature here, hopefully not as a monkey test subject for chemical toxicity, we would be born somewhere else in the universe or another. Who knows. Where we are now, a lot of things we believe are ultimately guesses. We are far from peak knowledge-base. The idea is to guess the Best with all the clues and evidence we have to work with to date.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexzazz