Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Wide angle lens ? 7.5mm

I'm seeing some odd things with the 7.5 and RAW. I saw a few empty directories on my SSD card where some footage should have been based on the timestamp and the actual files on the SSD.
All was well with the stock lens. What I didn't do was the hot swap of the lens this time. Anyone else seeing this? Sorry I don't have much more info, it happened out in the field and didn't get a chance to look at it more there. Will try to document it a little closer next time.

I've been seeing some missing still image files too, but I think the issue is with DJI someplace. I need to look deeper, but maybe it is due to the lack of the lens being chipped for the camera? Since the video image on my iPad is often okay looking as far as exposure, but I later the still image file exposure is all over the place, maybe 3-4 stops over-exposed so I have to hit the Replay button in GO to double check. It might be the lack of the EXIF data? Dunno.

I am interested in this lens but was wondering how you focus it with it being a completely manual lens.

Basically pre focus it on the ground.

Manually set the aperture to the value you want, 2.8 to 5.6 is usually fine. Then turn on the focus peaking in DJI Go and aim the camera at something a reasonable distance away then turn the focus ring until the objects you're aiming at show the red outlining - it's usually somewhere near the infinity mark on the lens. Once you've done it a couple of times you begin to get the idea. (If in stills mode, you could probably enable the focus assist zoom too, but I've not tried than yet.)

Very cool. Was that with the Laowa 7.5mm?
I've flow over Bannerman castle also, but with a P3P a couple years ago. That is a very beautiful river valley in the fall.
Here are some screen shots from my video

a2ff7a82fc84ac2bb56f5318fe9d309e.jpg
7e2dfd2f6e3581becef7600b7a0d7816.jpg

I tried filming with the 7.5mm when booting up the machine with it on......nothing

Trying the hot swap method......worked. Was able to record 5.2k RAW to the CineSSD.

Are there any tips when hot swapping?
It just works in my I2 x5s without any magic moves. I think it because I have pretty old firmware on I2 and I have no plans to upgrade it in nearest feature. I think I have version 0330...

It just works in my I2 x5s without any magic moves. I think it because I have pretty old firmware on I2 and I have no plans to upgrade it in nearest feature. I think I have version 0330...

Same here. I have .0330 fw and don't have to do any hot swap with Laowa I just received the other day. So this sounds like another reason not to upgrade fw!!!!

Reactions: utcinema

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela