Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Wide angle lens ? 7.5mm

Did some test with the 7.5 after the firmware.

What I found out was that if recording to the SSD is already setup, you do not need to do a hot swap.

I had my stock lens on the X5S, enabled RAW, since it was turned off after the FW update. I did a hot swap to the 7.5 and it still worked.

Did a power off and also a battery swap with the 7.5 attached and it remembered the RAW settings.

Also was able to switch between RAW and ProRes

Anybody tried this lens with FW 01.010010? Does it work ok or is it necessary to "hot-swap" for it to work?
Seems like people was running.300 and it worked fine without the "hot-swap"

It works again without hot swap on latest fw. Only issue is it’s kinda buggy with recording to SSD. Sometimes you have to cycle power

Thank you for the response, I am trying to stay away from fw. 200 & 300. with the new Cinecore 2.1 that was introduced in .200.
That is why I am asking, if the lens works without doing the "Hot-Swap" if I use fw.0010.
Any ideas?

I think the solution to the whole issue is to make sure RAW is enabled with another lens. Then power down, slip on the 7.5mm and power back up, you will be able to shoot RAW without a hot swap.
I did this a few weeks ago when I did the bridge and dam footage. Captured all in DNG without any hot swaps. I started with the stock for 2 flights then went to 7.5.

Reactions: Mindframecinema
Can't recall which firmware I'm using, but it's one of the last two. I've flown the 7.5 on the x5s without too many problems recording using h264. I don't bother hot-swapping the lens. Both photos and videos turn out fine. Can be fiddly to set the Ev as Go4 gets confused when it can't read the aperture and lens details, it's easier to set the exposure in video mode, then switch to photo mode.

I haven't tried it with the SSD tho'.

hth

Reactions: Cruncher

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexzazz