Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

would someone have raw sample files to share

Reaction score
I am trying to find out how good the camera is for still photography and found some old threads discussing this topic but no examples.

Would someone be able to share sample raw files that show the potential of this camera? I spotted a few jpegs in original size on flickr and I was not impressed but I believe they had been oversharpened and the best would be to look at raw files.

The Inspire and the Matrice look like good platforms - they can fly in cold weather, use 100Wh batteries and are not crazy heavy but the price of the hardware seems a little high compared to the quality one can get from a micro4/3 camera... On the other hand most drones that can carry an APS-C or a full frame camera are not easily transportable, with the exception of the Falcon 8 but that s way above my budget...

Yes but in the case of the matrice 200 the payload capacity would be adequate for that gimbal plus a camera and lens below 1kg combined so it is not that far-fetched.
I think the problem is more that the matrice is meant to be an industrial platform and even the inspire is designed more for video than for still photography.

The dream drone would be the Matrice 200 carrying the z15-a7 gimbal... ,)

Dropbox - DJI_0001.DNG

this was taken the other day with the olympus 45mm, keep in mind they look a little funky with the dropbox viewer, you have to open with photoshop to get a good impression of what the DNG really looks like. straight from the camera with no processing.

Many thanks, much appreciated. That is way better than the jpegs I had seen!

PatrickP did you also observe problems related to a misaligned sensor? Your pictures had almost convinced me to get one but seeing how many people complain about QC issues, I really don't know.

PatrickP did you also observe problems related to a misaligned sensor? Your pictures had almost convinced me to get one but seeing how many people complain about QC issues, I really don't know.

I'm very happy with the X5S! I didn't have the issue with the misaligned sensor, the only issue i had initally was the prop rattle issue with the i2, which was resolved with new prop locks. also an interesting side note , the dealer i purchased from @Florida Drone Supply sent me a pair of high altitude props, which didn't have the prop rattle issue. seems like they are made with better tolerance. would highly recommend @Florida Drone Supply if you are in the US.

I'm very happy with the X5S! I didn't have the issue with the misaligned sensor, the only issue i had initally was the prop rattle issue with the i2, which was resolved with new prop locks. also an interesting side note , the dealer i purchased from @Florida Drone Supply sent me a pair of high altitude props, which didn't have the prop rattle issue. seems like they are made with better tolerance. would highly recommend @Florida Drone Supply if you are in the US.

Thanks Patrick, we appreciate the comments.

I am based in Europe... but I would definitely buy from a reputable dealer as I don't want to have to deal with DJI's customer service (or the lack thereof).
Where were the pictures shot by the way? :)

I am based in Europe... but I would definitely buy from a reputable dealer as I don't want to have to deal with DJI's customer service (or the lack thereof).
Where were the pictures shot by the way? :)

these are shots of the sandia mountains in Albuquerque, New Mexico

@ClaudioNC for some reason I had not seen this, thanks a lot, I am downloading it!
@PatrickP ok, I have been there 10 years ago but we drove directly to Taos and I have not seen much of Albuquerque itself; in any case I loved New Mexico and the Southwest in general.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide