Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X4S Gimbal stopped responding

Reaction score
Received a new Inspire 2 last evening, upgraded firmware, tested the camera and gimbal inside without flying the drone. Removed the X4S and replaced it in its case.

This morning, set up for maiden voyage, reconnected the X4S, and proceeded outside.

Immediately noticed the video image was 90 degrees off and corresponded to the gimbal position, which did not move or auto calibrate.

Reinstalled latest firmware, performed IMU calibration successfully and then attempted gimbal calibration to no avail.

Requested a new X4S, but do not know if the problem is in the camera or the drone. Anyone experience anything like this?

Thanks in advance.

Received a new Inspire 2 last evening, upgraded firmware, tested the camera and gimbal inside without flying the drone. Removed the X4S and replaced it in its case.

This morning, set up for maiden voyage, reconnected the X4S, and proceeded outside.

Immediately noticed the video image was 90 degrees off and corresponded to the gimbal position, which did not move or auto calibrate.

Reinstalled latest firmware, performed IMU calibration successfully and then attempted gimbal calibration to no avail.

Requested a new X4S, but do not know if the problem is in the camera or the drone. Anyone experience anything like this?

Thanks in advance.

Yes sounds like I had the same thing, dealer said it was probably a defective gimbal. I also have the X5S and it works fine so most likely just the X4S.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Update - the problem was the original X4S. The replacement camera is working.
Glad you got things working! The same thing happened to me in addition to the lens glass being loose. Anyway, how long did your replacement take to get? Mine was received by DJI 2 weeks ago tmrw and a new one still hasn't been sent out yet. I call everyday and they still say it's "processing". I just filed a dispute with my credit card company and ordered a new one.

I paid for a replacement with the dealer and received it the next day. I received an RMA for the defective unit and shipped it back to the dealer. Im now working with DJI to reassign the RFRESH to the new X4S.

I paid for a replacement with the dealer and received it the next day. I received an RMA for the defective unit and shipped it back to the dealer. Im now working with DJI to reassign the RFRESH to the new X4S.
Got it. Good call ordering from a dealer as I will be doing any future DJI purchases and not through DJI direct. Good luck dealing with DJI getting your refresh swap! Their customer service is awesome!! (Make sure and re read that last sentence with lots of sarcasm)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg