Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5 camera lens compatability

Reaction score
I was wondering if a lens such as the Olympus m.zuiko Ed 14-42 will work on the x5 camera without any problems, obv I am aware the weight etc might affect gimble movement and balance etc but just new to the inspire etc and wanted a lens with a zoom ability if possible without being excessive cost And able to do the job with reasonable quality etc

I just want a bit more flexibility with zoom function, any help be appreciated. My x5 is standard on an inspire pro.

Yes, the Olympus 14-42mm is a DJI officially supported lens for both the X5 and X5S. Note that DJI does recommend proper balancing with this ring. See attached lens balancing table.

Attachments

• Balancing Table.jpg
    Balancing Table.jpg
    652.3 KB · Views: 59
Yes, the Olympus 14-42mm is a DJI officially supported lens for both the X5 and X5S. Note that DJI does recommend proper balancing with this ring. See attached lens balancing table.
many thanks indeed, as I say just something with focus and Ability to provide a good enough image quality, and function at a liveable cost , thanks again appreciated.

I use the pancake 14-42 works well except for a grinding noise at times

Ill have a look for that online or if you have a link would be great, thanks. Does that need a balancing kit?
I tried my inspire for first time yesterday , just need to suss a few things out as pictured i took dont appear in the go app which is confusing me as well as the pan and tilt wouldnt work in the air, but ive sussed it needs to be in free mode. Ill get there.. slowly.
Thanks.

Ive ordered a lens 14-42 can you tell me , i keep reading the manual, do i need a second controller to adjust pan and tilt in the air?
It does it wirh my c1 etc on ground but just wont do it in the air, i surely have to be missing something here as pan and tilt i must have from this drone.
Also hence reason for zoom lens for it.
Any help appreciated.

Indeed, i just cant see why i cant do pan and tilt with one controller, if i cant then its going on ebay lol ill get myself a mavic 2.
Im not sure if the 14-42 needs a balancing ring as i see it wont take a lens cover.

it needs a balance ring. and if you have a 2nd RC set as a slave then the joysticks control the cameras movements. if only doing the single RC then the programmed C1/C2 with wheel combo does the switch

Yeh thanks, I got my pancake lens today and it works great, when powered off it points upward which I assume is the weight being heavier at the rear. Could you maybe tell me where I get balancing rings from?
are the specific for each lens?
the zoom is great on it and well impressed.it is an Olympus 14-42 I got for the x5.

I had the inspire out today and much happier with it now as managed to get my settings way I wanted them etc and pan and tilt working lol thank god.
thanks for reply.

I just purchased this zoom lens but the zoom ring on the lense is really tight against the gimbal motor housing on the side.
Anyone had this issue?

yes same here. but it still zooms in/out fine from within the app

did you also get the balancing ring?
Ok thanks, I haven't actually turned it on because I didnt want to break anything as it seemed pretty tight.
I have a balancing ring coming in the post this week so I shall try it then.

I have the olympus zoom and it fits fine , also balancing ring. Works great no issues at all.
I did have a lens not connected error with both lenses but it transpires it was the sd card not working, i had to get a new one for it, but i think it must make the whole circuit.

I have the olympus zoom and it fits fine , also balancing ring. Works great no issues at all.
I did have a lens not connected error with both lenses but it transpires it was the sd card not working, i had to get a new one for it, but i think it must make the whole circuit.
Is that what yours looks like?

Attachments

• 20181021_222113.jpg
    20181021_222113.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 30
That does look tight but as long as it can turns id say its fine, what lense is it ?
I have dji 15mm and olympus pancake 14-42 zoom lens.
Is that what yours looks like?
Attached z pic of mine, its tight but works fine.
Im no expert trust me but id say as long as u can get it off and on its cool as maybe like mine the zoom element comes out from centre so theres no rotating part near gimble arms.

Attachments

• IMG_20181021_162042.jpg
    IMG_20181021_162042.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 19
That does look tight but as long as it can turns id say its fine, what lense is it ?
I have dji 15mm and olympus pancake 14-42 zoom lens.

Attached z pic of mine, its tight but works fine.
Im no expert trust me but id say as long as u can get it off and on its cool as maybe like mine the zoom element comes out from centre so theres no rotating part near gimble arms.
It's the Olympus pancake 14-42 lens.
Thanks for your help, I just hadn't heard of anyone else talking about it rubbing the side but I guess if it works than it's all good!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nylebrown77