Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5 gimbal pitch sticking

Reaction score
Hi, anyone got a tip on how to fix an X5 gimbal sticking? Sometimes it works other times it gets stuck at 45deg pointing down. When controlling the pitch via the screen it never works but when using the gimbal dial it will sometimes get through the sticky spot if I am after a certain shot (but it obviously means no pan ups etc). Cheers.

More information, please.

How does the gimbal feel when you move it around manually with your fingers? Does it move freely?

How do the contacts look on both the bird and the camera? Macro photos please.

Screen capture your "About" page so we can see firmware and software versions.

D

No, not using DJI Go 4, it seems the DJI Go is for the Inspire1. Just calibrated the gimbal again but same issue. When I use the gimbal dial and it gets stuck I can gently nudge the camera and it flicks above the sticking point. Also, it only seems to stick when pitching the camera up, pitching it down seems to be okay on finger and gimbal dial.

Right, this is odd. The back edge of the camera is rubbing slightly on the gimbal itself as it passes.

Attachments

• IMG_1827.JPG
    IMG_1827.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
Hi guys, thanks for your reply. Images attached. Also, it seems it might have started after I used the camera on an Osmo (?..) as I didn't have this issue before.

Those aren't macro photos. There was a reason I asked for macro photos. The pins need to be scrutinized. I can't scrutinize the pins in those photos. This is a macro photo:

The only way to see pin damage is via macro photography.

Right, this is odd. The back edge of the camera is rubbing slightly on the gimbal itself as it passes.

That means the camera has suffered impact damage. NEVER let "the kids" play with expensive camera equipment....just sayin'....

You have all the latest/greatest firmware, which I always recommend against. But in this case that is probably not your problem. The "rubbing" raises a HUGE flag, though. Either somebody dropped it or it took a hard landing or something. You would know better than any of us.

D

Last edited:
Those aren't macro photos. There was a reason I asked for macro photos. The pins need to be scrutinized. I can't scrutinize the pins in those photos. This is a macro photo:

View attachment 25921

View attachment 25922

The only way to see pin damage is via macro photography.

That means the camera has suffered impact damage. NEVER let "the kids" play with expensive camera equipment....just sayin'....

You have all the latest/greatest firmware, which I always recommend against. But in this case that is probably not your problem. The "rubbing" raises a HUGE flag, though. Either somebody dropped it or it took a hard landing or something. You would know better than any of us.

D
Sure, its odd as never had an impact or anything near one. Anyone know how this can be repaired? It seems to be the finest of rubs but enough to sometimes effect the pitch.

Sure, its odd as never had an impact or anything near one. Anyone know how this can be repaired? It seems to be the finest of rubs but enough to sometimes effect the pitch.

The rubbing is a symptom, not necessarily the problem. The rubbing tells me the camera took a hit of some sort. The resulting impact probably caused internal damage. That said...

The only way to have it repaired is to send it back to DJI. I think their U.S. repair portal is in California.

D

Agree to send it back to DJI, they have a great service and you're able to track progress through every step. I just returned my X5 with damaged gimbal I bought it in 2016. I dinged it in a stupid accident and the yaw axis got twisted and broken. Its well out of warranty but after discussing with online support, DJI paid for shipment to and from california to Montreal (canada), they fixed it in two weeks and its is now being shipped back. The bill was about $250. I was told by someone in the Know, that if the bill was above $500 they'd replace it with a new one. Its hard to beat that for service.

Reactions: Donnie Frank

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters